Search:
Go to Lulu Help pages
kk2
Author
kk2

let people ask questions

letting people ask questions lets people see if they found the book they are looking for if people don't know if the book they found is the book they are looking for they could waste the're  money please let people ask questions so they know what they found is the book they are looking for

Please use plain text.
Community Moderator
Glenn_Lulu

Re: let people ask questions

I am unsure what you mean by this suggestion, so I moved it to the General Discussions board. Can you please provide additional information as to what types of question you would like to ask? Are you talking about for forums or the bookstore product page?

Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

Hrmm.

The only place I have seen such options is Answer and Help sites with such buttons as Did you find this useful?

However >>

See a problem with these advertisements? Let us know

Please use plain text.
Reader
jordanheating

There is search button in bookstore. People can type there the title of the book that they are looking.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

Indeed, but what if they cannot find it?

Please use plain text.
Author
Tmbainter

I am unsure what you mean, because I can hardly read what you're asking. :smileyindifferent: If you are wondering how to know that the book you have found is the book you are looking for, just be sure to know the information about the book before purchasing it. :smileywink:

My author spotlight: www.lulu.com/spotlight/ThepoetTMB

Tylan M. Bainter
Please use plain text.
Bibliophile
potetjp

Re : let people ask questions

Have you heard of Google. You launch a search for the sort of book you want, then you read the answers. Some are terse; others quite long and detailed. :smileyhappy:

Jean-Paul G. POTET
Please use plain text.
Author
languagepress

Tmbainter wrote:

I am unsure what you mean, because I can hardly read what you're asking. :smileyindifferent: If you are wondering how to know that the book you have found is the book you are looking for, just be sure to know the information about the book before purchasing it. :smileywink:

My author spotlight: www.lulu.com/spotlight/ThepoetTMB

I believe op is referring to some mechanism by which a potential buyer can interact with the author of a book (the one they found) and ask questions to see if they want to buy it.

But books for sale on Lulu still give the option of offering a preview or sample chapter, do they not?

Personally, I would expect that being able to glance at the table of contents and a few pages would be adequate for most potentail buyers to know if they had indeed found the right book.

Please use plain text.
Bibliophile
potetjp

[ Edited ]

languagepress a écrit :

Personally, I would expect that being able to glance at the table of contents and a few pages would be adequate for most potentail buyers to know if they had indeed found the right book.

So would I.

Jean-Paul G. POTET
Please use plain text.
Author
languagepress

kk2 wrote:

letting people ask questions lets people see if they found the book they are looking for if people don't know if the book they found is the book they are looking for they could waste the're  money please let people ask questions so they know what they found is the book they are looking for

If you want potential buyers to know something about the book before they buy, you can offer a sample chapter for free. Most authors do that.

Would that not solve your problem?

Or perhaps I have not understood what you are trying to say. In that case, please edit or repost your question. Write it clearly so that readers can easily understand.

Please use plain text.