Search:
Go to Lulu Help pages
Author
dreamality

Why isn't my book listed ion Amazon yet?

Hi,

1st time author here, so please excuse my ignorance in the question...My book was released with the worlwide distibution package in mid October. I am hoping for it to get onto amazon and barnesandknoble.com before Christmas, so I don't miss out on extra sales.

Is there something that could be done to help along the process?

Best regards,

JP

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Re: Why isn't my book listed ion Amazon yet?

Just be patient. It could be there in just a few more days time. Think positively.
Please use plain text.
Author
PigassoPress

I was under the impression that Amazon was not supported through lulu. Isn't it just Barnes and Noble and iBookstore? Please clarify as I can list this retail channel in all promo materials.
Please use plain text.
Author
rburns17
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Don't confuse distribution for books with where EPUBs will be sold.
Please use plain text.
Author
catpau

Your books wont be in distribution in time as LuLu has screwed something up but wont say what is wrong! Many have spent a lot of money promoting their books for Christmas but they wont be out in the six to eight weeks as promised. LuLu never notified authors about the problem which is a very bad business model indeed! I spoke with LuLu a week ago and they promised to expedite my book and look into doing something for me, sure, I wont hold my breath! Have never heard back. Just wait until all the authors realize that their books will be delayed to some unknown future date and they were not even given the courtesy of being advised!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Catpau, As you well know this is a User to User Forum - so what's the point of venting your spleen here with bold red fonts. The vast majority of folks here come to try and help others with their problems so your rant will probably get ignored and s not worthy of a reply here. You said "promise"" - what promise? There is an indication of what should be the norm but it is not a promise nor is it a contract. For goodness sake life is too short to worry about little things like when will your book be available on Lulu. There's folks with all sorts of problems around the world even at the end of 2011, famine, pestillenec, poverty, killing, torture and much more. If you don't like Lulu or what they provide then Merry Christmas and go elsewhere.
Please use plain text.
Author
catpau

Do you own stock in LuLu or are U just nuts? What is all the talk about world disasters?

Listen, this is business and should be run like a business. It is in print that your book will be on Amazon in six to eight weeks. There is no disclaimer that says maybe it might take several months or several years. When I handed over my money to LuLu I also spoke with them to make sure there were no glitches at the time and if something did come up would they notify me. The response was, no glitches, your book will be on Amazon like we said in six to eight weeks, no later then eight weeks and there would be no reason for us to notify since this is the case.

Well guess what my friend and I bet you know this. I have learned since that LuLu has been having a glitch for the last year and had never told authors even when they asked, so many authors planned for what they were told by LuLu. I have been in the casting business and employed talent for Hollywood Movies and TV and I would have been out of business if I handled my clients like this. In fact, If I told you I would do something, I would shake your hand and do it. Never would I lie to you in any case! 

The latest from LuLu is they have no idea when any authors books are getting onto Amazon or any retail outlet so lets not obscure or lie about this fact! They also admit it is their fault and they should have notified Global Reach customers (but they still are not doing that). They promised to get back to me and make it up to me, and they never did, are U kidding me! 

I wrote my book as a hobby so I don't give a dam, but what I do give a dam about is being played! I feel sorry for the many authors who believe this is how business should be conducted. It is not and I know the difference. I suggest anyone wanting to self publish in the future go to Amazons publishing services in the future. 

DO U LIKE THIS COLOR BETTER?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

No it's sickly like you.

Why are you maoning on here - it won't do you any good. Might give you an ulcer though.

If you don't like Lulu go else where. 

Please use plain text.
Publisher
Nohoarii

catpau
As has been explained none of us have anything to do with Lulu other than as users and there are hundreds of thousands of us who have never had any problems with them.
Please use plain text.