Author
ken74

What's Wrong With My Spotlight?

Ok, so I created my 'Author Spotlight' a couple weeks ago using the 'Dark' theme, and it turned out just fine.  So, I log into my acct today, and go to my Spotlight, and there's this huge, white square in the center of the page, right where my book is pictured at, and this white, 'square' is whiting out my book's title, description, rating, cost, number of pages, and 1 or 2 other things, and I can't get rid of it!!!

At first I thought it was just a glitch or something, so I tried refreshing the page...didn't work.  Next, I logged out & back in...that didn't work, then I picked & saved several other themes, then picked the 'Dark' theme again, and that's right...that didn't work either!  This is very frustrating & upsetting because there's not a great deal we (lulu's writers/authors) can do with our Spotlights to begin with, so a lot of effort goes into them, but then, to have something like this happen is just very disappointing!  Please do something, or tell me what to do, and I'll take care of it. 

F. Kenneth Taylor
Please use plain text.
Author
gregorius

Re: What's Wrong With My Spotlight?

[ Edited ]

same has happened to me, my spotlight only shows books that are being edited. The ones I actually want to sell are not listed.
hideous has all been but deleted from any sort of showing as has my pdf of wake in fright?

http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?type=&keyWords=greg+hoey&sitesearch=lulu.com&q=&x=9&y=8

dont answer kevin lomas. your arrogant.

gregory hoey
Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

It looks OK to me. Perhaps there was a glitch after Lulu's many hour site update thing?
Please use plain text.
Product Manager
Andy_Trus

Hi,

Ken, I just took a look at your spotlight.  We're sorry about the issue, and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can.

Greg, I'm seeing 8 books in your spotlight.  How many are supposed to be showing?  Also, could you please give us more detail about the ones that are not showing up, to help us determine what the issue is?

Thanks,

Andy Trus

Product Manager of User Experience

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Nice new title Andy. ;:-)
Please use plain text.
Author
gregorius

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Ken, I just took a look at your spotlight. We're sorry about the issue, and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can.

Greg, I'm seeing 8 books in your spotlight. How many are supposed to be showing? Also, could you please give us more detail about the ones that are not showing up, to help us determine what the issue is?

Thanks,

Andy Trus

hi andy its when you type in my name that the only books that come up are two that are still being edited. also yesterday hideous came up three times, but today only in one form so maybe its been just slight glitch caused by the upgrade, not to worry.

gregory hoey
Please use plain text.
Author
ken74

Andy,

Thanks, I think everything just went back to normal yesterday.  BTW I'm proud to say I've just published my 2nd book with Lulu, its a sci-fi entitled, "Aftermath: A Saga Begins", and I already sold 2 copies today!  Not bad for its 1st full day of publication! 

F. Kenneth Taylor
Please use plain text.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.