Author
Morganist

Re: Published at retailers

No it looks good in print. I admit it looks a bit iffy on the website but I think that it because it white and it has a white background. Seriously it looks nice in print. Also most economics books look worse than that and for some strange reason seem to contain fruit in them a lot. Anyway it has only been listed at most a week because I looked before and it hadn't.

Author
Morganist

Here it is at another book retailer. I think it looks better here because it has a border. The main thing that makes it look iffy is the big title. I needed that to promote the Euro Crisis. The picture is good and the book in total is good.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/peter-james-rhys-morgan

Is it better here?

Author
Morganist

According to this website. Powell's has 25 copies in remote warehouse.

http://www.powells.com/biblio/9781613642078

Editor
Peter May

Those sites have just pulled the details from the ISBN registration. The 25 copies in a remote warehouse haven't been printed yet and the warehouse is Lulu, imo.

I think Kevin was referring to the interior of the book which displays several common self-pubbed mistakes including page numbers on the first 4 pages, lack of justification, unnecessary spacing in Table of Contents and misalignment of page numbers there.....

Peter May's- Storefront
Author
Morganist

How do you know what the interior looks like?

You shouldn't be able to access the book unless you have purchased a copy. How have you done that?

Also he stated it was the front cover and gave a link.

Anyway I got the impression from the other poster that just having these shops list your book was an achievement is that not the case?

To be honest I don't think the layout will really matter that much. The content and the topic is what people will buy it for.

Is this not a good start to be listed at a number of book stores and to have it listed internationally?

Professor
kevinlomas

We seem to be going in circles here, and yes it is important what a book looks like, have some pride.

This is how we can look inside your book >> http://www.lulu.com/shop/peter-james-rhys-morgan/euro-crisis-aggregate-demand-control-is-european-si... I had alrdeady pasted the link in here.
Author
Morganist

What do you mean. You can only see the cover. Nothing else. The other guy was saying he could see inside it. Can you too. Doesn't that make it free for you if you can do that?

Author
Morganist

I just noticed you can preview inside. To be honest it doesn't bother me about the page numbers being on the whole of the book.
Editor
Peter May

Morganist wrote:
 To be honest it doesn't bother me about the page numbers being on the whole of the book.

And the other things? They make your book look amateurish. An amateurish produced book reflects on the professionalism of the producer and   the contents.

Peter May's- Storefront

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.