Author
Garth

How fo I get LuLu to answer a question?

Been ready to publish for 2 weeks but can't get a simple question answered.  They say 1-3 business days but I haven't heard a peep now in 2 trys.  It's hard to feel warm and fuzzy signing up here and giving out a bunch of cash for a particular package or alacart when I can't even get a question answered.  Anyone else having this problem?

Proofreader
Tracey Morait

Re: How fo I get LuLu to answer a question?

You keep asking the question, either raising the issue here on the forum, or here http://www.lulu.com/support/ through the email or live chat.

You shout until you're heard.
Tracey Morait
Author of books for children and young adults
traceymorait.co.uk
Editor
Belinda D'Alessandro

As Tracey says, if you want an answer to your questions about the Lulu service packages, ask Support.

But if you're ready to publish as you say, do you really need a package? If you've done all the prior legwork (i.e. editing, proofreading, by someone other than yourself, etc) and you're comfortable with doing your own formatting, then you can click the Publish tab and upload without a package.

Kind Regards
Belinda D'Alessandro
Author, Managing Editor BDA Books
My Lulu Store: http://stores.lulu.com/bdabooks
Professor
kevinlomas

Belinda is right as usual. This is a self-publishing site and the wizards etc function regardless of what other options you wish to buy, and are instant. Which package is it that takes that long anyway? Most of those are added instantly also even if the results of them may not have instant results.

Author
Garth

The manuscript is complete and I have been professionally edited and 6x9 formatted locally.  I need everything in Masterpiece except Edit and Format but can't figure out how to do that alacart?  This is the question I have asked multiple times now.

I am concerned that if I can't get a question answered, how responsive will they really be to cover design, ebook, and everything else I need in Masterpiece?

Editor
Belinda D'Alessandro

If you do need to order things like a custom cover, there are "Add to Cart" buttons on on the following pages:

ePub Conversion for 250 pages or less

ePub Conversion for 251-500 pages

ePub Conversion for 501-750 pages

Premium Cover

If your interior designer hasn't already provided you with a PDF, then one will be produced for you during the publishing wizard which you can download. If you do have a print ready PDF, then the one available for download during the publishing wizard will be the same one that you uploaded.

The publishing wizard does have a basic cover design part.

The Lulu ISBN, Retail Availability (Amazon, etc.), PDF download of the book, and galley copy are all things you can do yourself if you click on the Publish tab and start a project.

I haven't used any of Lulu's services. I just jumped in and started a project (and created a dummy project which I was able to delete later, without printing any copies) to check out the process. You might want to do the same.

Kind Regards
Belinda D'Alessandro
Author, Managing Editor BDA Books
My Lulu Store: http://stores.lulu.com/bdabooks
Author
Garth

Thanks Belinda, but I really need to hear this from Lulu.  I can find how to alacart specific things.  I cannot find out how to alacart everything in Masterpiece except Edit and Format which I do not need.

Professor
Ken Anderson

Garth,
This platform is for user discussion and not for Lulu Support.

The discussions here rarely discuss the publishing packages as the majority here publish for themselves.
As your query seems to be related to a package you have purchased I suggest you email Lulu Publishing Services

You may find this helpful.

Proofreader
themanuels

I find I usually get somewhere with these forums, but not by posting a question through lulu support. As you can already see, lulu staff regularly scan the posts here and will respond quite quickly. I have resolved quite a few issues this way whilst still waiting to hear from lulu support. Got to say the the guys who've helped me through the forums have been very good.
Editor
NickPopio

If you go to the Services tab and click on any of the Services types ("Pre-Publishing" or Marketing) and scroll down you can see our A la Carte options.
---------------------------------------
Nick Popio
Community Architect - Inside the mind of a Community Manager

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.