Search:
Go to Lulu Help pages
Reader
J-C-M

How does Lulu work?

Hi.  I'm obviously new here and want to understand how publishing a print book through Lulu works.  Am I correct in assuming that books are not printed until they are ordered?  Or does the company produce more books than required?  Are there locations that print the books in various parts of the world to reduce transport costs etc.?  Can any-one explain this to me?

Please use plain text.
Teacher
Maggie

Re: How does Lulu work?

[ Edited ]

Hello and welcome.

That is correct; Lulu does not print until someone orders a book. But you can order in bulk as  many as you want, get a discount for doing so and have the books delivered to your home or post office.

Lulu has several printers around the world. The one closest to you will produce your books.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

Hello and welcome.

Lulu uses Print On Demand and regardless of where a book is ordered from (Amazon for example) the books are not manufactured until that order is placed. If it is not you buying your own books then the buyer pays for it to be manufactured, plus any profit you add.

Lulu use about 7 printers I think (Lulu do not make the books) scattered around the world, so orders are fulfilled as close as posible to where the order is placed. Some books however are only made in the USA.

I think that if a book is ordered off Amazon, it's printed by Createspace, and who knows where they are!

Almost everything you need to know is here >>  http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Print-and-eBooks/tkbc-p/forums_kb

Please use plain text.
Reader
J-C-M

Thanks

Please use plain text.