Author
Tristrum_Rees
Accepted Solution

How do I put my books on Amazon?

Hi everyone,

I've been getting requests from people who want to buy my book that I put it on Amazon (apparently they can use vouchers there, and bundle their shipping with other purchases, so it's easier for shoppers). I'm not sure how to do this.

For the hardcover and paperback editions of the book I have up here, I chose to let Lulu get an ISBN for me. In the final stage of the wizard, where I was setting a price, the price showed both Lulu profits and off-site profits. I don't know if there are other steps I need to take to put my books on Amazon. I've tried searching for them by title on Amazon but they don't come up in the search results. Is this because they're not there, or are they just so unknown that they can't be searched for?

If/when they are on Amazon, how do I get a link to them to post on my Facebook and such?

Thanks,

Tristrum.

Editor
Peter May

Re: How do I put my books on Amazon?

You need to approve your book for distribution.

That is what gets it onto Amazon.

You have a Lulu ISBN so extended distribution - i.e. getting it on Amazon - is free.

Once they are on Amazon, join Amazons associates programme and then Amazon will give you a piece of code you can put on your websites which will display your book cover and people can click on it and go to Amazon to buy - and here's the great bit - you earn some commission on the sale

Peter May's- Storefront
Author
Tristrum_Rees

How do I approve my book for distribution?
Author
ruk1960

How do I add my book to Amazon with an independent (non Lulu) isbn?

Professor
kevinlomas

Tristrum, when you complete a Project it gives you the option to buy and view a Proof to see that the book is OK. When you have done that and it is OK, you then click Approve.
You find the options on your My Lulu page, then the Project List, and click Revise on the Project.

Ruk, please start your own New Message. Or just read this >>> http://connect.lulu.com/t5/ISBN-Distribution/tkb-p/ISBN_Distribution%40tkb
Author
Tristrum_Rees

Okay. I thought I did that, but I'll have another look. Cheers.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Just to add to Kevin's cooment.

Once you have approved the book it will take several weeks before it actually appears on Amazon.

Check the Manage Button distribution_icon[1].png next to the project name in your project list. 

Reader
ZachCloss

So it will automatically show up on Amazon if we did the "approve" step, then?

Professor
Ken Anderson
Reader
doorstepbaby

How did you get this to work? Does LuLu do the connect to Amazon for you?

Phyllis

Phyllis Stollings

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.