Author
xxxChibixxx

Covers and ISBNs

When creating my own cover, do I need to put the ISBN on the design before I upload it to Lulu or will Lulu do that after I upload it? Also, do I need to put the Lulu logo on my cover?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Re: Covers and ISBNs

Unless you use the Advanced One Piece Cover Designer (highly recommended) Lulu will add a barcode for you.

If you do use the Advanced One Piece Cover Designer you must incorporate an ISBN barcode yourself.

Please use plain text.
Author
xxxChibixxx

Thank you!! :catvery-happy: So do I need to use the Lulu logo as well? 

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

No.
Please use plain text.
Reader
starrzz

hey, so on this topic... i will be buying ISBN but not barcodes,....i'm in australia and can buy seperate...do i still add the ISBN number on the back even though it wont have a bar code? .. please advise...

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

You don't have to "purchase" a barcode as such.
A barcode for the ISBN has to shown on the back cover.

If you use one of Lulu's distribution package you must have an ISBN.

The original discussion was on whether Lulu will add a barcode for you or not.
With the exception of the Advanced One Piece Cover Lulu will add and place the barcode for you.
If you use the Advanced One Piece Cover then you must add a barcode image yourself as I said previously.
Please use plain text.
Reader
starrzz

yesi was aware fo the topic of thread.. but since my query was simialr i thought to jump in...

i wont be using lulu barcodes or apckage.. just printing the book...

in australia it seems to buy the isbn is seperate from buying barcode.../ the website here says so.... 

so this was my question

Lets say hypotherically i only buy the isbn number- do i still place on back Or if there is no barcode- just use isbn on inside cover?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Cor, this is hard work. :smileysad:

If you use one of Lulu's distribution package you must have an ISBN and a barcode for the ISBN has to shown on the back cover.

You don't have to buy barcode images.
There are lot's of places where you can get a barcode image for free. My favourite is http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/ and Lulu always gives you one for free anyway.

Please use plain text.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.