Search:
Go to Lulu Help pages
Proofreader
DeliatheCrone

A few years ago, Lulu had a selection of cover art, for those of us who had no other connections. Where can I find it - if it still exists?

Please use plain text.
Editor
Ron Miller

Re: Cover Art

The problem with using Lulu's generic cover art is that there will be hundreds (if not thousands) of other books with exactly the same cover as yours...which really negates the whole purpose of a book cover.

You might try deviantart.com, where you will find a lot of artists offering really nice art for free or for a very small fee. There are also a great many places online where you can find high-quality, copyright-free art and photos. Here is a list of US government sources, which I have always found to be a real gold mine: http://www.usa.gov/Topics/Graphics.shtml

------------------------------------------------------
Custom book covers for Lulu authors!
Black Cat Studios

All about me at
Black Cat Studios
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Nothing has changed over the years, the art is still available at the Cover stage of the Publishing Wizard.
Please use plain text.
Proofreader
DeliatheCrone

Thanks, Ken. Is there a place I can look over the choices BEFORE I get to that stage? I may want to use one of the choices, but personalize it first.

Please use plain text.
Proofreader
DeliatheCrone

I understand where you're coming from, but my cover won't stay generic. I've learned how to personalize a standard image and make it my own. As to paying for art - I just don't have the funds for that. Really.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Just knock up a dummy or test project. Only takes a few minutes.
Please use plain text.
Reader
JessHough

This isn't quite an answer to your question, but I'm an illustration student with design experience looking for freelance work. I am also a good source for cheap cover art, if you're still looking around. I don't have a formal portfolio yet but I can send you a sample of styles I'm exploring if you're interested.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Jess,

You shouldn't join just to Spam your potential talent.

Spend a few weeks learning how the Forum is used.

Please use plain text.