Search:
Go to Lulu Help pages
Author
TedFichialos
Accepted Solution

Clever ways to promote your book

Hello everyone, a colleague of mine gave me a great idea for promoting my book and I want to share it with all of you. Vista Print has an offer of 100 post cards for free. There is no fee to join Vista Print and on that first 100 post cards all you have to pay is postage which was around six dollars for me. What I did on the front of the postcard was have my front book cover which was the title and authors names and also the back of my book cover which is the picture of myself and my girlfriend my co-author. it looks fantastic being able to see both the front and back of my book cover on the face of the postcard. You may only want to use your front book cover. Now on the back of the postcard I have the title of the book, a short description of the book and the lulu link for people to be able to access my book. When I started thinking of ways to promote my book I knew I couldn't afford to buy 100 books and carry them around so I thought this is a great way to talk to people about my book and if they seem interested I give them a postcard. Vista Print now has an offer where I can buy 1000 postcards for about $60.00 which is about 16 cent apiece, so you can see the marketing value. Vista Print will even mail your postcards to a mailing list you create. The front of my postcards look as good and glossy as my bookcovers look. I hope this idea will help you in promoting your books.

Good luck fellow LuLu' ers

Please use plain text.
Teacher
Maggie

Re: Clever ways to promote your book

Great idea, Ted. One can also extend your idea to digital postcards or newsletters.

Please use plain text.
Reader
Cboatslittleone

That's awesome!!!  I was just thinking about using Vista Print.. 

Please use plain text.
Publisher
Nohoarii

I have used Vista Print and they are pretty good and reasonably priced. I can recommend them.

Trevor
Please use plain text.
Author
Dreamtimereaders

Great idea, thanks

Please use plain text.
Author
DRichardson

I have used Vistaprint many times (the UK branch).  They are a great company to deal with.

Plus, once you are a customer, they are always sending emails with really good offers like free things and generous discounts.

I have had quite a few different things from them, all have been excellent quality - may I particularly recommend their ball-point pens, by far and away the nicest pens I have ever written with, brilliant, heh

Please use plain text.
Reader
O_Canada

I'll agree with that, I've used Vista many times from their business cards to mugs and more... it's affordable and of good quality.

Please use plain text.
Editor
norrimac

Good post, Ted.

Norman.
Please use plain text.
Author
noodin

I like your idea and will look into it.

One of the things I have done is to print a picture of my book cover on the back of my business card together with info to buy from Lulu. It becomes difficult to market with limited funds.

By the way - Kudos in the language I use is "Ahoe!"

Noodin
Please use plain text.
Reader
poorna

Good Idea. I was just thinking in those lines.

Please use plain text.