Editor
sofyia
Accepted Solution

Claiming Royalties from British Library - Link please

I suddenly remembered the other day that I have not claimed for my book titles from the British Library. I have three titles in our County Libraries and one in Birmingham. I know they hardly pay anything but anything is better than nothing! I've tried to find the address without success cany anyone give me the link please? I have tried my local library service they haven't got it either and can't seem to find it. Thanks Carol

Author
Birmingham Girls, Choosing Your Psychic Pathway,Mysterious Happenings, Dancing With Spirits, Spirits of the Lights
website
http://www.carolarnall.com
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Re: Claiming Royalties from British Library - Link please

Have you registered?
Payments are made automatically in February of each year.

Please use plain text.
Editor
Peter May

HI Carol

I am a member of the Circle of Wine Writers. A week or so ago they circulated to members this email they received and I think it answers your questions

Even though it is more than 30 years since the Act was passed that gave authors, and other contributors to books, the right to receive a payment when their books were borrowed from public libraries some authors have still not heard about PLR.

At a time when many writer’s earnings have dropped due to reduced advances and royalties, it is a shame that some may be missing out payments they are entitled to. We would be grateful if you could pass information about the Scheme to your members so we can make sure that everyone who is eligible to register is aware of the Scheme. Anyone wanting more information can visit our website www.plr.uk.com or telephone 01642 604699.

Please find attached the latest PLR press release showing that UK children’s writers dominate PLR’s most borrowed authors list for the most recent PLR year, 2009-2010. Also attached is a list of the ten most borrowed wine titles for the year. Please feel free to circulate this information to your members or publish it in any of your publications. 

I hope this information is helpful and please let me know if you require any further details.

Kind regards

Claire Balmer
Author Services

Public Lending Right

Tel : (01642) 604699
Fax : (01642) 615641
www.plr.uk.com

Peter May's- Storefront
Please use plain text.
Editor
sofyia

Thank you Peter the link and information is exactly what I was looking for.

Many thanks again

Carol

Author
Birmingham Girls, Choosing Your Psychic Pathway,Mysterious Happenings, Dancing With Spirits, Spirits of the Lights
website
http://www.carolarnall.com
Please use plain text.
Editor
NickPopio

Thanks to Ken and Peter for helping Carol! You both rock!
---------------------------------------
Nick Popio
Community Architect - Inside the mind of a Community Manager
Please use plain text.
Author
dottie62

Hello i'm an author and i tried to register for PLR and it tells me im not eligible because i live in the USA can someone help me with this issue?
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

PLR was established by the Public Lending Right Act 1979 which gave British authors a legal right to receive payment for the free lending of their books by public libraries. Under the Act funding is provided by Central Government and payments are made to eligible authors in accordance with how often their books are lent out from a selected sample of UK public libraries. To qualify for payment authors must apply to the Registrar of PLR who is appointed by the government to maintain a register of eligible authors and books, and to supervise the administration of PLR. The Act established PLR as an intellectual property right, entirely separate from copyright.

Please use plain text.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.