Lulu respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our creators to do the same. You must own the copyright to any material you publish on Lulu. Because of this, we cannot allow authors to publish "fan fiction" or any stories based on another creator's work unless you have specifically obtained the rights to that work. Lulu will, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be infringing upon the intellectual property rights of others.
We ask all Lulu members to let us know immediately if they have any reason to suspect that any material on Lulu infringes on someone else's rights. If a user believes his or her intellectual property rights are being infringed, please let us know. When we are informed of such a violation, we will act immediately to remove the items in question. As a community of content creators and users, we hope that Lulu members will look out for one another in this respect. Users who violate our policies on intellectual property risk being banned from the site.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you will need to provide to Lulu the following important information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you believe has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on www.lulu.com;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have good faith to believe that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Notices of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be sent to:
Lulu Enterprises, Inc.
E-mails sent to email@example.com for purposes other than communication about copyright claims may not be acknowledged or responded to.
For more information, see: Copyright Infringement FAQ