03-11-2012 10:12 AM
It's really hard to believe that someone who cannot write a grammatical, properly punctuated blurb for any of their books is "aped" and "copied" by anyone.
At least the book's title is descriptive. The thing is a mess, from its cover to its writing to its formatting. Might as well throw in its contents page, since a ToC without page numbers is totally pointless.
The depressing part is that the writing actually isn't awful...just in desperate need of an objective editor.
03-12-2012 07:53 AM
"my work is still being edited"
You are offering a book for sale that is still in the process of being edited? And not telling the reader they are purchasing an unfinished work? That's not very honest.
03-12-2012 10:59 AM
Please remember to follow the forum Policies and Guidelines when participating in the Lulu community. We strongly ask that you avoid making negative remarks to people about their nationality. It is beyond rude to insult someone for their nationality much like it is to insult someone for their race. Remember the forum community is meant to be a place of friendly idea sharing and peer-to-peer helping.
Just as a reminder, here is a link to the forum policies and guidelines:
Here are the first 2 policies just to make sure we are clear:
1. Remember the Golden Rule - Treat others as you'd want to be treated - Misunderstanding on forums are quite common often times because of the difficulty understanding the tone implied in other user's remarks. In fact, quite often something you may interpret as being harshly worded or rude may just be someone else's form of offering you support. Take extra care to be kind in your comments to other users and never react negatively to comments you perceive as rude or otherwise objectionable. Instead, it's always wiser to either end the discussion, ignore the comment entirely, or in more severe cases report the offense to our moderators by clicking the "Report Abuse" button beside the post. Remember: two wrongs don't make a right. Responding to another user's comments in a manner contrary to our posting policy will be viewed by our moderators as equally inappropriate and may result in sanctions against your forum privileges.
2. Do not use abusive or disrespectful behavior. Disagreements or conflict may arise in the course of discussion. Please remember to be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debate on differing opinions is appropriate. Personal attacks against other users, however, are not allowed. The following behaviors are examples of what will not be tolerated on the Lulu forums.
• Flaming - posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another user.
• Trolling - posting derogatory or inflammatory comments/threads attempting to bait other users into responding. Accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling.
• Personal attacks - posts which insult a poster directly. This includes any attacks against forum moderators, Lulu representatives, or employees.
• Attack requests - posting another player's personal profile in an attempt to have other players attack or engage in player versus player combat.
This list is non-exhaustive. ANY behavior which is patently offensive is also forbidden.