03-27-2012 04:42 PM
This is a new experience, and what a joy!
This has been a dream for many years. Not to publish, but to manage to write one And I was finally finished. And I sold one the first day (No not to my mom, friends or family) (and yes it has been slow with sales since the first one )
I am norwegian and it is written in english. And Twitter was a cool aid. I asked for a proofreader and got one after two minutes. Well it took me four years to finish it.. Mostly because this have been a real free time project.
I'll think I will hide in a hotellroom for a few days when I start my next book, to get a real kickstart.
I also found a cool cover design action script for photoshop and after testing on my facebook friends, I chose this cover.
But there is one thing I am unsure of.. I have no feeling with the "right" price. And since I am not in this to get rich, I think I might have over priced it? But I have read 100+ business books the past few years and I think it is ok according to the price of the books I have bought.
Well have a great day, and thanks for reading
03-27-2012 07:03 PM
It's really rewarding once people get to recognize your works.
Good luck to you and for your future books.
By the way if you need any artistic assistance, illustrations and cover designs, please view my portfolio.
Thank you and best of luck.
03-28-2012 05:52 AM
Congratulations - most of us struggle to write a book in English when its our native language!
You preview doesn't give any of the text of the book - I suggest modifying your preview so we can see some sample pages .
My comments are
- the @ in the title suggests to me this book is about computers or emailing
- Americans use the # sign to mean number. Since the N in ISBN is short for number you effectively have ISB Number Number. Lose the #
- The table of contents takes up too much space and is confusing with a multiplicity of fonts and sizes. Stick to one font and size, reduce the size, remove the blank lines and try and get it all on no more than 2 pages. Get the numbers right aligned insetad of waving over the page. Better still remove some of the sub headings from the TOC and get it all on one page.
- BTW - it is Table of Contents, not Context
- On the back cover, department is misspelled
04-05-2012 02:25 AM
04-05-2012 11:11 AM
Look at Chapter 5 in TOC - italics there
Also, sort out Chapter Thirteen, edit TOC to get page number on same line, drop 'always' and it should work. eg 'Be The Star Player.'
Your Foreword has the last two lines on their own page. Remove the blanks between paragraphs (and use indents) and you'll get the foreword all on one page.
The preview still doesn't give any of the contents of the book, just acknowledgments and an intro, your book is expensive for 120 pages but it may contain pure gold that will repay the cost many times over. However you don't give any chance to see it in a sample
04-28-2012 03:28 PM
Thank you for great advice and a trained eye for details. Made the changes for my paperback book. Are going to update to PDF version tomorrow.
I am going to make another pdf with a sample chapter and add a link to it from my blog. - this is the best I can do.
Still not rich from my book sales, but could afford to buy you a beer as a thank you
Have a grat weekend.