Author
SimonAngel

My first book - the Titanic at 100

Sorry if this is not the right place for this, I just feel so elated that I have finally managed to get my book published, having been gestating since 2005: http://www.lulu.com/shop/simon-angel/the-titanic-everything-was-against-us/ebook/product-20016342.ht...

To coincide with the 100th anniversary of the Titanic disaster I decided to collate my notes and compile them into a retelling of the story of the sinking, but punctuated by discursive interludes to explore various controversies further: did the captain or 1st officer really shoot themselves? Were the third class really barred from the lifeboats? Did the band play till the last minute? Why did the ship have lifeboat spaces for only half on board...and why were 400 seats in the boats left empty? Conclusions are not easy to come by, but thanks to hundreds of hours of inquiry testimony, plus letters and interviews given by the survivors, I feel that many of the fables and falsehoods can be explained and dismissed...but a great many new controversies and theories arise.

I hope you enjoy it. It was a struggle to write at times but I am proud of it.

Thanks,

Simon

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Re: My first book - the Titanic at 100

[ Edited ]

It's the right place.

Please use plain text.
Author
SimonAngel

Thanks Ken, I was a bit worried. I was just so elated that I wanted to tell the world!

Now all I need to do is the print version....!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Maggie

Please use plain text.
Author
SimonAngel

[ Edited ]

Thank you Maggie, I am thrilled to bits!!

I've just uploaded my Pdf version...still working on the printed version- should be availabel soon! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Author
morelandjoe

Very timely release.  My wife (a Titanic groupy) is, at this very moment, converting our 100 year old house into the Titanic for a double centennial celebration for our house and the sinking of the Titanic on April 14...replete with smoke stacks, crow's nest, floating bodies, and more howsers than the original Titanic had aboard.  I hope your book does well.  Do you have a sample to preview?

Please use plain text.
Editor
Ron Miller

[ Edited ]

Is the cover a still from the Cameron film? Do you have permission to use it?

------------------------------------------------------

All about me at
Black Cat Studios
Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

Did we not discuss such a book on Lulu before about the '"truth"? Is this the same book?

The image does look like one from the 1997 film, which is a shame because there are 100s around with no copyright still on them.

This may also be of interest >>   http://www.itv.com/titanic/    This one has not been 'Hollywooded' and does not show certain actual heroes as cowards.

There's now here also >>   http://www.the-titanic.com/Titanic-Today/Attractions/Titanic-Belfast.aspx    perhaps they would like to stock your book.

Please use plain text.
Editor
Ron Miller

What I can't help but ask is this: A search on Amazon.com for "Titanic" yields more than 2000 results. Is there really a need for yet another book on the subject?

------------------------------------------------------

All about me at
Black Cat Studios
Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

And when you get to the last pages, it always sinks.
Please use plain text.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.