Search:
Go to Lulu Help pages
Editor
dareric1

Did you read my book? The Umbras

Well, my book has been published and for sale for almost a year. I've sold quite a large amount of copies, thank you to those who bought it. If you did buy it what did you think? Please leave me some feedback. It would be much appreciated. Thank you. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dareric1 It's the Umbras that I am talking about.

Please use plain text.
Proofreader
sophierj

Re: Did you read my book? The Umbras

How many copies? It's interesting to know..

Please use plain text.
Editor
dareric1

247 as of today.

Please use plain text.
Proofreader
sophierj

Good job... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Editor
RiazAli

Yes, that's the tricky bit - getting people to review my book. I've sold 18 paperback copies of mine - http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/my-life-with-kate-bush/18734453 and 57 kindle copies on Amazon. Yet I've no reviews, good or bad! I don't mind 'bad' of course, as long as people's negative experiences of reading my book are written in a considered, thoughtful manner.

But I've no reviews at all. I guess for most people, spending the time actually reviewing something, whether it be a book, a film or even a meal, is not something that comes naturally.

It is frustrating though.

www.riazali.com 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you read my book? The Umbras

Well, my book has been published and for sale for almost a year. I've sold quite a large amount of copies, thank you to those who bought it. If you did buy it what did you think? Please leave me some feedback. It would be much appreciated. Thank you.http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dareric1 It's the Umbras that I am talking about.

Please use plain text.
Editor
Peter May

I've reviewed some books on Amazon and some on a website I write for.

You need motivation to review a book if you're not getting paid for it. As a reader you've done your duty by buying the book. So reviews tend to come about because you feel the book is a stinker or the opposite,  and you want to tell the world.

Its not easy writing a review about a middle of the road book. 'I liked it' is not worth posting -- you need to be able to say what was good and what wasn't -- and you need to be honest. Is your duty to the author or to the reader who is thinking about buying the book? To the reader I believe...

But c'mon, Riaz... be honest now.... how many book reviews have you posted?

Peter May's- Storefront
Please use plain text.
Editor
RiazAli

Well Peter, that is true. I haven't reviewed a modern book for a long time - the last I did was for The Time Travellers Wife and before that I wrote a review for The Da Vinci Code.

However, now that I have recently discovered the Goodreads site I have been inspired to write reviews of all those books I read in my childhood and teenage years - Stig Of The Dump, A Bear Called Paddington, Watership Down, The Mysteries Of Udulpho, Wuthering Heights etc.

Your comments did make me reflect on the reasons I would want to write a review and you are right - my motivations for writing one are solely due to my positive experiences in reading that particular book. I wouldn't bother wasting my energy writing a long thoughtful essay on why I thought a book was bad. I'd just give it a line or two... :-)

Please use plain text.
Editor
dareric1

If you are really feeling the urge to review a book the best start would be not to review books that are in antiquity, but instead, to review books that are truly worth while and need the help. No offence but Wuthering Heights was published in 1847, I'm sure if it doesn't have a good following it never will. Keep in mind that I know that it is a great book and does have plenty of fans, just saying. I really mean no hard feelings when I write this. I am a young and aspiring writer that needs some sort of feedback or reviews, much more so than the late Emily Bronte. If you are interested please take a stab in the dark and read my book, The Umbras. Support the authors of tomorrow, not yesterday. Thank you for not taking this the wrong way. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dareric1 Enjoy your day.     ~Derek E. Keeling~

Please use plain text.
Author
ken74

Derek,

I like your way of thinking, man!  I couldn't agree more, and I'll try to get my hands on a copy of your book and check it out. I would tell you to do the same for me, but I'm dealing with some formatting issues right now

F. Kenneth Taylor
Please use plain text.