Our printers are currently working through record volume for the current academic year. This has, in some cases, caused print times to be extended beyond our regular expectations. Our printers have been working additional shifts and are steadily catching up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience.

Book Cover Vote

Hello fellow authors.  I am looking for a final decision on one of the following book covers.  Thank you. 
A
or B

Commenti

• Ron MillerRon Miller Professor
    modificato 16 febbraio
    A, absolutely. The fantasy element is almost entirely missing from B. It's there, but only after a concerted effort to find it (aside from the cover's other problems, which I have mentioned elsewhere). A book cover needs to convey its message---what kind of book it is and what's its theme may be---in a glance. I am not 100% sold on the banner with your name on it, though. It's a little overwhelming.
  • @ Ron, ok how about these

• @ Ron, ok how about these

• Ron MillerRon Miller Professor
    modificato 16 febbraio
    #1 is better. Highlighting your make by putting it into a fancy frame distracted from the title and artwork.
  • A, and 1, imho.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    A and 1 for me also.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

Then again I like 2 too. :)

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher
    A + 1 for me.

• Thank you all for your input. Much appreciated :) 
  • I just added the functionality for users to create a Poll. They're really simple, so if you want to gather opinions like this with polls, just select that when creating a post!
    I guess that's just vote count and not full and often useful opinions?

• It's both. The comments are still open, it just provides a means to easily tally votes.

I'm not discouraging this kind of discussion either, just making the option available.
    I will give it a test :)

• Ok I think I have the final cover layout.  (shout out to Ron Miller for the awesome dragon, thank you!!) 
  • I was very glad to help! I'm pleased it worked out for you.

One tiny little bitty suggestion: You do not need to add "By" before your name. I'd delete that and move your name up a little.
  • Very effective. Conveys the subject well enough to capture the imagination. Well done.

Had Ron given you the dragon prior to your creation of this thread?

• Had Ron given you the dragon prior to your creation of this thread?

Nope. I created the dragon for him earlier this past week.
  • Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Oh, you've done it now. Oh boy oh boy oh boy --  great googly moogly.

Had Ron given you the dragon prior to your creation of this thread?

Nope. I created the dragon for him earlier this past week.

I think Huh?! should be added to the clicks.

• BksOfBrownBksOfBrown Creator
    modificato 25 febbraio
    Much appreciated too.!
  • Rita101Rita101 Reader
    Another thing good about Number 1 is that while the dragon will be the standout image in a thumbnail, the rest of the image becomes clear after it is enlarged in a click through. Kind of giving a little story right there.

Another thing good about Number 1 is that while the dragon will be the standout image in a thumbnail, the rest of the image becomes clear after it is enlarged in a click through. Kind of giving a little story right there.

By that do you mean as viewed on a smartphone? Or via a Preview? Or even a Preview on a smartphone? It does have to be considered that people may be viewing our covers on small devices (as opposed to a large screen PC) but to be frank, there's little we can do to our covers to make them look better on something like a 5" screen. Nowadays perhaps the blurb that goes with our books as seen on line is more important than ever before?

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    Your very first cover is the most effective. By far. Just reduce opacity of banner. You need that strong strip up top because his high interest face draws all the attention upwards. The bar moves the reader's eye across as well. Good balance. Do not use the smaller title version. You want effect not logic.
     A citizen of the world.

Accedi oppure Registrati per commentare.