Is Book Promotion a place for feedback?

Comments are open in this thread currently. We can continue to leave them open, but I want to know how users feel about the comment section.

1. Should we be providing feedback on the promoted book?
2. Is it valuable or helpful? Or can we assume that posting in this thread is an advertisement and not a request for feedback (as we have Author Workshop to request feedback)?
3. Do we want to continue to accept comments here?

Open the conversation up to any other comments regarding how we use this thread as well.

• Em_PressEm_Press Publisher
    It's not a good idea. People are new and sensitive and it takes a lot of courage for them to promote their work. They also may be using book-creating as a healing tool. We don't know what each person is going through or why they published/posted. I say leave them alone.

I for one made 19 proofs of  my first book. I did not want it to be torn apart if I promoted. I just took the plunge and dared to display it. I did, however, learn and get better. With my confidence intact.

I say kill the comments.
     A citizen of the world.

• Em_PressEm_Press Publisher
    And that is why Glenn created Author Workshop. Because people were destroying other authors' posts in Shameless. He gave everyone a place to invite criticism and comments and a place where people could be left alone.
     A citizen of the world.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    If someone really wants to provide feedback on a book promotion, they likely need to do in the workshop area since that is the purpose of the workshop.

Comments in the promotion area could be useful in a perfect scenario, except dealing with things as they are it's likely to quickly devolve into an area of contention.

If someone does a promotion that needs work, and the critique (or criticism) of the promotion happens in the comment section, the author could go back and solve every defect yet the critique will still be there. This could have a long-term negative impact on any hope the author may have had to make a sale.
  • Alright, comments are off for now. If this is a conversation anyone feels like they want to continue, go ahead and open a discussion in General!
Accede o Regístrate para comentar.