How does an author get book sales to happen?

How do i get my books to sell?
Michael Morgan

Mejores respuestas

Respuestas

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    I did a search and found seven books by E.L. Steinberg. I looked at the preview for "Life in a Small Town 3". To be honest, the writing and formatting need work.

The descriptive parts fluctuate between verb tenses enough to be distracting. There are some curious misspellings. While I realize some books take time to get the reader engaged, nothing I read prompted me to keep reading.

The format was odd as well, more reminiscent of a primary school textbook than a work of fiction. The margins were a bit wide as well.

I'd say follow the spirit of Ron Miller's advice. Find an editor who will advise you on content. Find a beta-reader or two who will also advise you on content. Find a proofreader or two. Listen to what they have to say about how to make your work better.

At the very least, find the betas and proofreaders -- there are a couple groups on GoodReads where you can find them, and possibly an editor as well.

You might also read a few books by your favorite authors in order to see how they set a scene and pull the reader into their worlds.

Once you've done the prep work, I'd say get a better cover.
    mpm1701 said:
    How do i get my books to sell?

• I have said this before, and some do not agree. It helps sales when one is not asking almost £9 for a 98 'page. ebook. I may be wrong, but these books also do not seem to be 'Lulu' books.
    How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!
  • I had not looked beyond the basic question you asked. What the others have mentioned and suggested I can only second.
  • Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    I thought you'd seen the work before I caught it, kind of the reason I echoed good advice you've given in the past.
    I had not looked beyond the basic question you asked. What the others have mentioned and suggested I can only second.

Accede o Regístrate para comentar.