We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

How does an author get book sales to happen?

How do i get my books to sell?
Michael Morgan

Mejores respuestas

Respuestas

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    I did a search and found seven books by E.L. Steinberg. I looked at the preview for "Life in a Small Town 3". To be honest, the writing and formatting need work.

The descriptive parts fluctuate between verb tenses enough to be distracting. There are some curious misspellings. While I realize some books take time to get the reader engaged, nothing I read prompted me to keep reading.

The format was odd as well, more reminiscent of a primary school textbook than a work of fiction. The margins were a bit wide as well.

I'd say follow the spirit of Ron Miller's advice. Find an editor who will advise you on content. Find a beta-reader or two who will also advise you on content. Find a proofreader or two. Listen to what they have to say about how to make your work better.

At the very least, find the betas and proofreaders -- there are a couple groups on GoodReads where you can find them, and possibly an editor as well.

You might also read a few books by your favorite authors in order to see how they set a scene and pull the reader into their worlds.

Once you've done the prep work, I'd say get a better cover.
    mpm1701 said:
    How do i get my books to sell?

• I have said this before, and some do not agree. It helps sales when one is not asking almost £9 for a 98 'page. ebook. I may be wrong, but these books also do not seem to be 'Lulu' books.
  • I had not looked beyond the basic question you asked. What the others have mentioned and suggested I can only second.
    I had not looked beyond the basic question you asked. What the others have mentioned and suggested I can only second.

Accede o Regístrate para comentar.