I have submitted my book in PDF format to KDP but now want to use Lulu. Can I use the same file?

I've just published for the first time using KDP (with my own ISBN) but would also like to submit to Lulu so I can buy copies here in Australia.  Will the PDF I had formatted for KPD, for both the interior and the cover, be OK for submission to Lulu?  I believe the files were formatted on InDesign. 

Answers

• I've just published for the first time using KDP (with my own ISBN) but would also like to submit to Lulu so I can buy copies here in Australia.

Why can you not buy them from Amazon? But you cannot use the same ISBN, and if you do use an ISBN, the book will appear on Amazon, twice.

Will the PDF I had formatted for KPD, for both the interior and the cover, be OK for submission to Lulu?

It depends if they are the same dimensions.

http://www.lulu.com/create/books

I believe the files were formatted on InDesign.

As long as they are compatible with Lulu's Project Wizards then they should be OK. Not all PDFs are.

• AlterQuest, if you used your own ISBN you can use identical PDFs with whatever printer you choose. Alternately, the free ISBN offered by Lulu cannot be used at other distributors.
  • Not if it's not the size as offered by Lulu.