Is Book Promotion a place for feedback? Part Two.

Promotion is a form of advertising, putting one's book up for sale. On Lulu every Storefront page has the option to leave a review, and some do. Who moans about that? If a book has an ISBN, which most often did in the old 'promotion' area, it's then spread out across the internet to be promoted and for sale, and all have a space for reviews/comments under them. One can moan at them, or accept them. I doubt they can be blocked!

So I see the Book Promotion section as no different, except it's on a self-publishing site, so why cannot comments be made in regard to the layout or whatever? No one has to take any notice. It's not as if anyone is saying "this is crap and should be deleted!!" and even if they did, is it not better they say it in a section of the forum and not on the product's public page? It's far better to read such comments here then on Amazon, which by then it's too late.

Also, there always was a section similar to Author Workshop, (and cover Workshop and other creative sections) I don't recall it being created because of comments in the previous promotion section, just the opposite.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    No comments?  :(

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    That site is a bit trollish and leads on to paying someone on it to design a 'better' cover for $200. It's interesting that two of those books were withdrawn years ago anyway! Also interesting that none of my other covers can be found there, and they are all designed by myself! They also have no idea what they are talking about,  the site points to the 'Original' of one of the covers they troll at, when in fact it is not, it was published much later, is not the same cover at all, and is a Kindle e-book, and it was published many years before that site's 2018 mention of it being 'the original.' No one takes notice of that site, but I do know who put two of my covers on it, may he rest in peace. :) Nice of you to look them up, though. Not sure why you did though because I have seen the site before and took no notice of it.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Funny, the original mentions were from 2014 if I'm not mistaken. As for nice, don't flatter yourself.

Funny, the original mentions were from 2014 if I'm not mistaken. As for nice, don't flatter yourself.

It mentions an e-book cover as being the original of the book cover they slag off, when in fact it is not, it was published later. Much later. It's not the same cover!

Has any one told you how rude you are? It was indeed nice you took the time to look them up, but I still have no idea what your point was. Was it not I who said that when something is promoted/advertised, one has to take the rough with the smooth because the opportunity is given to comment everywhere. I ignored the comments on that site, I mean, someone moaning about a red flower being red! Come on, how desperate can they get. But as I hinted, a troll placed those there, and he's no longer with us, so perhaps that's why I can't find any more of my covers on there. Anyway, I bet if any cover was put there they would slag it off. That's what the site is about.