Different page count depending on Color or Black/White?

Hello!

I have successfully uploaded a Black/White book and now when I'm using the exact same PDF file to create the color edition, I get an error that the book contains too many pages.

The book is 730 pages and the Black/White edition worked out fine. Is there a difference between the color and black/white edition when it comes to page count? The KB does not say anything about it. I created a case with the support but they might take long before answering.

Yes 730 pages is a lot and I got some whitespace within it but that is because sometimes I need to use a whole page to display a diagram/illustration because it is a technical book and I want to make sure the reader can see the diagram in very clear detail.

Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    Was the PDF for the color version the same one you uploaded or a download of the print-ready file from your first B&W edition?

If it was the download of the print-ready file, the fact that the wizard will adjust page size to allow for trim may have caused the problem.
  • There could also be concern based on retail distribution. The number of pages we can print versus the number of pages a retailers will print do not align perfectly for all formats.
  • Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    edited March 9
    Ok, just checked; you can do colour for 6x9 and 8.5x11 for up to 740 pages. But book in colour will cost you about 200 dollars. :/ 
     A citizen of the world.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    edited March 9
    It's about $60 for 290 pages.
     A citizen of the world.