Our printers are currently working through record volume for the current academic year. This has, in some cases, caused print times to be extended beyond our regular expectations. Our printers have been working additional shifts and are steadily catching up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience.
We’re bringing the site down for maintenance tonight.

Lulu.com, Lulu xPress, and Lulu Jr. will go offline at 12:01 AM on Thursday, September 20. We expect this maintenance to last about six (6) hours, until 06:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. (05:01 AM to 11:00 AM in London and 02:01 PM to 8:00 PM in Sydney, Australia). 

Click here to calculate the time in your time zone.

We apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you plan accordingly.

Amazon payments?

I have a means to see where I made a sale 39 days ago on Amazon, which should be plenty of time to show up here on Lulu, but I've not seen any sign of that sale showing up. Is there a reporting problem going on?
Tagged:

Comments

• wildwindwildwind Publisher

It can take up to 8 weeks to get your first sales report; thereafter you will get a monthly report, if you had any sales.

Amazon pays one month in arrears, so sales for January will be sent to Lulu at the end of February and this will show in the sales report that is received  on the fifth working day of March.

• Jon RayJon Ray Reader
    Wow... I thought it only took a month to show up. Thanks for the info. 
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    It should only take a month, but they do not normally pay out until a certain figure is reached. With some places it's as high as $20. Mind you, if you publish direct to Amazon that does not apply  :-)

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• wildwindwildwind Publisher

Kevin - I have had payments of under one dollar from Amazon, so Amazon send over whatever is due to the author; Lulu only pays out after a certain sum is reached (I believe it is $ 25 for cheque and $ 5 for paypal).

Who said that the first payment should only take a month? It never does, so why give out incorrect information. Oh, I forgot; you simply can't help commenting on every single post no matter if what you are saying is incorrect.

If you made a sale on the first of March the money for that will only be sent over to Lulu at the end of April and you will be paid on the 17 th of May (assuming you have made the minimum pay out amount) so the first payment cannot take one month. And then you wonder why so few people are active in the forums. Try to restrain yourself. When someone provides the definitive answer there is no need for further comment.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    The pay out amount for check is $25 and paypal $5, no matter how long it takes to reach either amount.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Kevin - I have had payments of under one dollar from Amazon, so Amazon send over whatever is due to the author; Lulu only pays out after a certain sum is reached (I believe it is $ 25 for cheque and $ 5 for paypal).

I do recall Amazon removing that rule, but it said it only applied to people who published there directly. Because with e-books I do, I often get small payments from Amazon. But not with books published there via Lulu.

Who said that the first payment should only take a month? It never does, so why give out incorrect information.

Because I am going off what the sites actually say, and what Lulu and many others have said in here.

Oh, I forgot; you simply can't help commenting on every single post no matter if what you are saying is incorrect.

Oh dear. I have been publishing for over 30 years. Publishing direct on Amazon for around 8, and via Lulu for around 10. Oh, and If I did not comment a lot, there would be very very few comments here. Count them. Someone has to or the forum would die.

If you made a sale on the first of March the money for that will only be sent over to Lulu at the end of April

That sounds like a month to me.

and you will be paid on the 17 th of May (assuming you have made the minimum pay out amount)

Err, is that not what I said?!

so the first payment cannot take one month.

Seeing money appear in one's account does not mean that is the actual pay out date. Hence the 'delays' people ask about. Read the actual original question again.

And then you wonder why so few people are active in the forums.

Don't be silly. While I was inactive here for a while, I still often read the postings. There were far less than there is now ...

Try to restrain yourself.

It could be comments like yours that drove people away.

When someone provides the definitive answer there is no need for further comment.

I did give the answer, and you slagged it off, then said the vary same thing!

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• With Amazon specifically, they send us a monthly sales report. Once we receive the report, we apply it to the author accounts and payments are made based on our payment schedule (monthly for Paypal, quarterly by check). So if you have a Paypal account linked to Lulu and you publish, it could be a full month before Amazon sends us revenue data and then potentially another full month before we post it - hence the 8 weeks.
    If you're making regular sales, it should even out to monthly payments (by Paypal) after the first month.

• HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher
    Checking my Amazon sales on Kindle, I see a few February sales of my Kindle books, but they do not appear on my latest Lulu revenue. I can assure you, I have earned over the minimum sales requirement. This is not taking into account the print books, which are sometimes delayed. It is only today that I have examined the sales properly. If the revenue shows on Lulu two months after the actual sales, then fine. I am just baffled. I have been with Lulu quite a few years, so am not a newbie. And on the Lulu revenue, it gives you the date of the sale, so this is even more strange.
  • Unfortunately, when Amazon reports sales they do a lump report based on ISBN. We don't receive dates for the sales, just that they happen during a specific reporting period.