We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Distributing Through Lulu

I suppose the answer to this is no bu I just have to ask: Is it possible to use Lulu not unlike a dropship source? Is there a way we can order books and have them shipped elsewhere(to customers)? I guess then what'd happen is the author would pay the price and keep the difference as in a real dropshipping business. Just had to ask. It'd be neat if it existed- somewhat like Createspace I guess.

Comments

• Yes, of course we can be used for drop shipping.

We will send books wherever you like.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

I have done it a couple of times for old persons who didn't want to place an order on line, and preferred to pay with a cheque. All you have to do is enter their address for delivery. You'll be charged the bill (at author's price). You can charge your customer any price you want. I charge mine the price in euros for buyers that is displayed by Lulu. If you don't know the person, place the order after you have cashed the cheque. Lulu's delivery service is perfect.

• Lulu does NOT provide "drop ship" service. They only provide shipping services. "Drop ship" is where I order something under my own company's name, and lulu ships it out with my company name on the order, not lulu's name. That is the difference between drop ship and regular shipping.
  • Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    edited March 2
    It could be used a s drop ship service if you could add your own logo or label or nothing at all. I believe many many would use Lulu in this way if they just removed the Logo and lulu branding from the receipt. Right now it's not usable.

I believe it would be a good move on the part of lulu. Remove the lulu branding and just let people sell their books the way they want to. In short, lulu would be an On Demand Fulfillment Centre. Smart move. In fact all eCommerce book sites would use it.
     A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Drop shipping is where something is sent to an address other than the address of the person who ordered the item. It predates the internet. The package does not always state the name etc., of the person who booked the dropship. It's very common. Such as buying an item from an online supermarket, but they do not stock the item, it's sent direct from the manufacturer and quite often the notes within it are from that manufacturer. Or it could be something bought by someone as a present and mailed directly to that person instead of to the buyers home. It could of course also be the basis of a business, where someone advertises an item, and the buyer orders it from the manufacturer, with a unique code, and the advertiser gets a commission. Many advertising banners work that way in fact.

It's nice to see a 2 year + thread revived though :-)

• It's a huge project on our plates. I don't know a lot of details, but I literally hear someone talking about drop shipping in the office every day.