We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Print Ready File not working!

I've been publishing on Lulu for several years so I know what I am doing. Just getting that out there.

I am trying to get our latest book uploaded and it accepts the file but then when I make the print ready file it tells me there is an error. I thought maybe it was a site thing so I walked away last night only to be here again this morning with the same problem.  Doesn't matter if I send up a word document or a pdf.  I put in a trouble ticket and have no response and I really need to get this resolved.

Anyone else have this problem or have thoughts on fixing it?

Comments

• I am also having this problem and little resolution from LuLu.  I am also experienced with converting files to PDF, can follow the simple instructions at LuLu, get to the print ready stage, then get the message to use the link for advice. This brings me right back to a page I have already looked at. Frustrating and of no help. I created a ticket and now get e-mails with the same link. What's happening here???
  • I'm getting errors at the printing stage and am getting a runaround from support who keeps giving me "guesses" but can't suggest any fix, they just cancel my order. Their support has gotten really really bad in the past year, never had any issues before.
  • I've a 210 page coloring book, every other page is blank so only one image per sheet, when I FINALLY got them in the order I want, and pressed make print ready, it says it only takes 100 files...Really now what.
  • The best thing to do is to arrange your files prior to uploading. In general, it's best to upload a single file so you can have better control over the layout and organization of the files. If you're working with a PDF, Adobe software will allow you to compile and arrange with ease. If it's a DOCX you definitely will want to arrange a single file in Word.

The alternative would be to convert 100 file, download the print-ready PDF of those 100 pages, back up and repeat with the next 100, and then the final 10. This would give you 3 print-ready files (2x100 and 1x10 page files) which you could then upload a file time for compiling. I strong recommend not doing this, as it's time consuming and leaves a lot of room for errors, but it is an option.