ACCURATE SHADE FOR PHOTOS

I have had several print out purchases of my latest book, but the photos printed by Lulu were lighter the first time, with repeat orders  were too dark. I am wanting to revise my manuscript again, to obtain the Lulu  ISBN, is there a simple way to require a happy medium for the shade of the photos when printed, which look perfectly okay on my  manuscript/document and when transferred to your PDF for printing.
Please help,
Many thanks  Marion 

Best Answer

Answers

• John HainesJohn Haines ✭✭
    edited December 6
    One thing I was made aware of many years ago, so I assume it is still applicable now: for ordinary / standard books (both value and premium), Lulu do not guarantee a particularly high quality when it comes to internal images, and the general advice was to make a photo book if you needed this. It may well be that your images have printed in such a way that it is beyond even this disclaimer, but nevertheless, it is worth noting for the future. If things have changed since those heady days of 04, I am sure a staffer will advise.
  • Hi John,
    There's still a fine line with images and color. The value style book is really meant for text only, and anything using heavy ink coverage will likely print poorly.
    But, for a full color book on premium paper, the image quality is nearly at that of a photo book. If the project contained a full color image on each page, photo book would be the answer. A book with a mix of text and images (like a course book or guide) will print quite well on our premium full color option.