.12 Garamond Font is too small for 6 x 9?!

Hello, I just ordered a draft copy of my paper back novel which is 6 X 9 and yes I did use the formatting template Lulu provided to make sure everything was okay.

I used .12 size font of Garmond and when the book came in the mail today, the font was ridiculously tiny! It was like a grain of rice! I was so upset because after so much revising, I thought that my book would finally come flawless, but I guess not.

I'm back to editing it on Word 2017, but should I bump my font up to .13, 13.5, or even 14? Any help would be appreciated, please, I'm very confused.

I've attached a picture with how tiny the font is.

Comments

• MelisSenkaya wrote:

Hello, I just ordered a draft copy of my paper back novel which is 6 X 9 and yes I did use the formatting template Lulu provided to make sure everything was okay.

I used .12 size font of Garmond and when the book came in the mail today, the font was ridiculously tiny! It was like a grain of rice! I was so upset because after so much revising, I thought that my book would finally come flawless, but I guess not.

I'm back to editing it on Word 2017, but should I bump my font up to .13, 13.5, or even 14? Any help would be appreciated, please, I'm very confused.

I've attached a picture with how tiny the font is.

You might want to go back and check the layout and make sure that you used 12-point type.. I have always used 12 point Garamond and with success. This gives me roughly 35 lines per 6x9 page. I see that you have nearly 50 lines, which suggests to me that your point size is smaller.

By the bye, after taking a look at your sample page I might suggest that you enlist the aid of an independent editor.

• John HainesJohn Haines ✭✭
    edited December 5
    This can also occur if the size of the source file does not match the book size selected. Lulu, after flagging the issue within the publishing process, will allow the process to continue, if you wish it to. I have done this deliberately on a few occasions, sometimes to keep the page count down thus the price down, on other occasions just to see what if looks like. The relevant point here is, the font, set at such and such a size in the source file, is then squashed down in the new generated PDF. Worth a check, even if to discount this.