Header. footer margins and removing lines

Using Sections I have numbered pages and titled those I wanted to. The results are too near the page text and and I want to move closer to the top and bottom edges without widening the margins. So far, I haven't managed it.and would welcome some advice.

Nor have I found a way to remove the lines that Page Numbering seems to make.  How do I do this?

Many thanks

Harry

Comments

• If you are using Word, then you have to go to the page layout option, look for the headers and footers option, adjust there as desired, but also, when you are in the header / footer editor, you can also choose a font and font size for the header / footer text. If not in Word, then maybe whatever you are using has equivolents which should look similar and be similarly titled.
  • Depending on how you've created your sections, you may have to use a master document, but the simplest way is to go to your 1st section click Insert and then the down arrow under 'Header'. Select the 'Edit Header' option.  This gives you the header from top, from bottom and alignment tab.
    If you want to go further, you can highlight the page numbering and go to the down arrow beside Styles and create your own 'page number style' to set precise paragraph info that only applies to page numbers.