Book Cover - Image Resize Problem - Using Photoshop

Hi all,

I'm trying to upload my cover in the Lulu cover designer.

The system is seeking an image in the following size - 892.951 x 666 points

However, when I go to Image - Resize in photoshop - it won't let me choose this exact configuration.

I can choose either 892.951 or 666 - but not both at the same time.  When I try to correct the second dimension, the first automatically changes as I type!

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this?

It may very well be a simple fix, however I'm not the best with Photoshop / Lulu...

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Inkscape and GIMP are good for sizing alternatives, but if you get one size right and the other slightly over, it should upload.

Kdoc76 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to upload my cover in the Lulu cover designer.

The system is seeking an image in the following size - 892.951 x 666 points

However, when I go to Image - Resize in photoshop - it won't let me choose this exact configuration.

I can choose either 892.951 or 666 - but not both at the same time.  When I try to correct the second dimension, the first automatically changes as I type!

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this?

It may very well be a simple fix, however I'm not the best with Photoshop / Lulu...

Thanks in advance,

Ken

• When you select Resize Image, make sure to de-select "constrain proportions," from the dialogue box that pops up. Then you can enter whatever values you like. That's the way it works in Photoshop Elements, I don't think it would be different in Photoshop.

• Also, bear in mind that, when resizing, your image quality will deteriorate. Photoshop is very good at converting up but less good converting down unless you have dpi to spare. Best idea is to create custom file at those exact point size (892.951 x 666) and at 300 dpi.  I believe Lulu provide photoshop templates at that size.