At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.
If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.
While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.
We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.
Changes are HERE!
If you’ve spent time on the Lulu Forums or used the Lulu Knowledge Base in the last 8 years, you might notice that things look different than they have in the past.
That’s because we recently changed to a new service provider!
You might notice some links that aren’t working and a little funkiness with logging in (if you come to the forums and aren’t already logged in). We’re working on these problems right now, so please bear with us! We’re getting there!
While this will provide a more modern and natural flow for users on our Forums, there will of course be some differences that are not thrilling to everyone.
This thread will remain pinned for everyone to discuss and comment on the new Community site. Please provide constructive feedback. We are accepting of all comments good or bad, but please refrain from anything that doesn’t provide useful information. “Feature X could be better” or “I miss feature Y” are great. “This sucks” and the like, not so great.
A few things to note:
1. We’ve redirected all old links to this new community. If you find a link anywhere on Lulu that is not functioning, please post that link here and we’ll get it updated.
2. The Forums and Knowledge Base live under the same Community now. All Knowledge Base content will appear as closed Discussions. This means it is open for reading, but cannot be commented on. This is a semi-temporary measure, as we further evaluate how best to get knowledge base content to our users.
3. Over the next few months, we’ll be doing some cleaning up of our Knowledge Base content. At the time of our transition, the Knowledge Base contained over 300 articles. Many of these were as short as a single line. Much of this content will be moved into more well organized threads, with similar information grouped. If something you remember seeing is no longer present, rest assured the information is still here and is likely just in a different location.
4. Shameless Promotions is gone. Well, it’s not really gone, but we’ve hidden that thread for the time being. While it provided our authors a way to shamelessly promote their work, it didn’t really spur any positive conversations. We may reinstate it, we may try something new. For the time being, that content is hidden. If you have strong feelings one way or the other about Shameless Promotions, go ahead and leave a comment.
5. Avatars are missing. We lost everyone’s avatars L Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to Import the old ones. Everyone has a placeholder as of now, and you’ll have to go to your profile to add a new one.
6. The discussion Forums have some new features!
a. For one, you’ll be able to start a “discussion” or post a “question.” If you post a question, the topic will be marked as such, alerting Lulu moderators and other users that you need some assistance. As a lot of our posts are focused on a question, this feature should help get answers more quickly for our users.
b. Promote, Agree, Like, and more! These new buttons associated with forum posts allow you to interact without commenting. One thing we learned from our old forums was that a topic would often have a number of views, but little interaction. These new features give the forums more the ‘social media’ feeling a lot of us are familiar with, and should help us build interaction among our less outspoken members. This functionality includes options such as “Dislike.” We’re not turning those on at this time, but we may in the future.
c. The Sidebar:
You’ll see these controls on the right throughout the new community. You’ll notice too that once you’re in a discussion, the Forums and Knowledge Base categories will be listed for quick navigation too.
But this bar pictured above is really cool. You’ll be able to quickly see discussions you’re involved in, new questions that need answering, recent discussions, and a new featured call Best Of…
The primary stuff should be pretty self-explanatory, but Best Of… deserves a little attention. If you go there you’ll find a collection of content we’ve marked as a “Best Of” piece. This can include anything in the Community, from Forum Posts to Knowledge Base. It is going to read like a blog, and will mostly be full of informational content we think is useful to you. If you’ve got a question and are struggling to find an answer, Best Of… is a good place to look.