Downloaded Royal Template

I used Lulu some years ago and have returned to revise and republish my books. After deciding on Royal for the size to use I started New Projects and downloaded the Royal template. On my laptop screen  (Using Word 2007) even when I use zoom to 100% the onscreen size does not match the Royal size quoted (15.59 x 23.39 cm).The screen size visible is about 1cm less in width and 2cm less in height.  Some help would be appreciated.

Thank you  from a very Lulu rusty Aitch

Comments

• Try this template and see if it works better

• Thanks for the prompt response. I downloaded the template and the custom size set was 16.23cm x 24.02cm - still more than the size fstated for Royal. I measured the new image on screen  (at 100% of course ) and there it showed 15.5  x 22,7. To measure I used a standard office ruler and a magnifyer to be as accurate as possible. It rather

I then checked the template on screen for A4. This also appeared to be wrong by something between 0.5cm and 1.9 cm (less than it should ghave been).

To my non-tech mind that points to the laptop giving an incorrect reading  - or my measuring. If that is so should I use the original downloaded template as being correct and go on from there?

Thank you again. I hope this query at least can be sorted.

Regards,

Dorsetaitch.

• If your printer will handle the page size in question, try printing a test page from the template in question.

The reason being aspect ratio on your screen is not going to be 100% in sync with the actual physical size unless you're very lucky.

I have a 21" monitor and at 100% view the image isn't actually the stated size.

Dorsetaitch wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response. I downloaded the template and the custom size set was 16.23cm x 24.02cm - still more than the size fstated for Royal. I measured the new image on screen  (at 100% of course ) and there it showed 15.5  x 22,7. To measure I used a standard office ruler and a magnifyer to be as accurate as possible. It rather

I then checked the template on screen for A4. This also appeared to be wrong by something between 0.5cm and 1.9 cm (less than it should ghave been).

To my non-tech mind that points to the laptop giving an incorrect reading  - or my measuring. If that is so should I use the original downloaded template as being correct and go on from there?

Thank you again. I hope this query at least can be sorted.

Regards,

Dorsetaitch.

• The royal template I attached incorporates the printer bleed as well, so you'll see an extra 0.125" (0.3175 cm) per side for that as well.

16.23 x 24.02 would be the full bleed page size for royal. The measurement we display on the File upload page shows the finished size.