We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

We’re bringing the site down for maintenance tonight.

Lulu.com, Lulu xPress, and Lulu Jr. will go offline at 12:01 AM on Thursday, October 25. We expect this maintenance to last about six (6) hours, until 06:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. (05:01 AM to 11:00 AM in London and 02:01 PM to 8:00 PM in Sydney, Australia). 

Click here to calculate the time in your time zone.

We apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you plan accordingly.

Publisher's address in print/ebooks

In the template for a paperback, it has a box saying: publisher's address here. It then points out that Lulu is the printer, not the publisher.

So do people who are self-publishing put their _own_ addresses there, register a business adress, pay for a P.O Box number, put an email address, or... what? Please.

And also thank you.

Comments

• AllieTbyLulu wrote:

In the template for a paperback, it has a box saying: publisher's address here. It then points out that Lulu is the printer, not the publisher.

So do people who are self-publishing put their _own_ addresses there, register a business adress, pay for a P.O Box number, put an email address, or... what? Please.

And also thank you.

Yes, you are the publisher. I think what actual contact information you want to include is entirely up to you (or should be).

All I ever do in my books is pretty much what any commercial publisher does (take a look at most traditional books and you will see): 

Black Cat Press/South Boston, Virginia

That is what appears on my title page. On the copyright page I include, other than the copyright information, the necessary contact information, which in my case is limited solely to the URL of the Black Cat Press website.

R

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian

Antiqua Sphinge Press

Hondo, TX

Email address for inquiries (since I have no website).

As Ron said, it's what you're comfortable with.

• Thanks, that's very helpful.