We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Pricing

How much does it cost to purchase a proof copy? I plan to publish a book soon. About 105 pages, premium paperback, perfect bound. That option says its $6.05, and the 105 pages says $6.20 ($6.20 for 105 pages??). So is that just $12.25? What about shipping? I'm in Canada. 

Also how come buying black and white on white gives me US letter option (21.59 x 27.94) but black and white on cream is US trade (15.24 x 22.86)?

Comments

• It would cost you 6.20 Canadian Dollars plus shipping to buy a proof.

If I were you I would make your book in the US store. It only costs US $ 3.35

which, at today's exchange rate, should be 4.19 Canadian Dollars.

• thank you for the help brambles, but i'm a bit confused on what you mean by making my book in the US store. 

• Simply log in to Lulu and then click on Shop. Now look in the top right hand section of the screen where you will see a flag; you can change the store you shop in here. Once you are in the US store click on Create and the proceed as normal.

• Great Smiley Happy thank you for the help. May I ask where you pulled those numbers from to determine the costs? Cause I thought I’d have to pay the $12 because the price of the paperback book itself and then the 105 pages. And do you know how much shipping generally is?