I've been rejected twice

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• From what I see first you need to make a title page. With only the title and your author name. Second page make that your copyright page. Not sure if you are doing ebook or paperback.but I would not have two chapter headings on the same page. Seems you have this on first and second chapter? From what I see you have Title page, copyright and first chapter all starting on first page. That is probably what is getting the rejection.

• I hate to bother you, but can you fix it and send it to me.  I give up.  If you don't want to, that's cool, no pressure. 

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

It isn't hard.

Page 1

Title [Heading Style 1]

Author's Name [Default Style]

Page Break

Page 2

Title [Heading Style 1]

Author's Name [Default Style]

Copyright [Default Style]

Copyright Disclaimer [Default Style]

ISBN: 999-9999-9999-99 [Default Style]

Page Break

Page 3

Chapter One [Heading Style 1]

Text

Rebecca1987 wrote:

I hate to bother you, but can you fix it and send it to me.  I give up.  If you don't want to, that's cool, no pressure. 

• I know it isn't that hard, but I keep messing it up.  Can you send me the correct version, and I'll know for next time.  Sorry, I was in special education, after all.  

I've got a tall toddler in the tub, who after six shots a week ago and a virus is demanding my attention. I've had a virus myself, I've got a headache, arthritis, and feral cats yowling at the door because they want food. Did I mention I just found out last night my stepmother died last January?

If you can write a book, I suspect you can do the tedious part of adding a few lines, setting Heading Style versus Default Text Style, while inserting a few page breaks.

Rebecca1987 wrote:

I know it isn't that hard, but I keep messing it up.  Can you send me the correct version, and I'll know for next time.  Sorry, I was in special education, after all.  

• Rebecca, I'll fix it for you tomorrow and attach here.

• What are you doing on a forum if you're too tasked out to read it?  I told the other guy, and I've implied to further responses, that I am not demanding your attention.  I requested it. Big difference.  I have severe memory problems.  I've submitted other things before, and I went back, downloaded the old story and copied how I did it.  I did not think of that before.  

I went to your books, and they don't suck, so I don't understand why you self-publish.  There, I'll be rude to you.  

• Thank you so much.

Okay, my previous reply has a memory jog for you for future reference, and no I didn't correct your work. Just follow that guide, and do all the chapters along those lines.

I'm on the forum to take a break from wiping poopy butts, listening to "Paw Patrol" [the not-quite 4-year-old], doing counseling gratis for someone on the phone [just finished], and the other schtuff I do on a daily basis. Gumbo casserole is what's for dinner I think.

The 15-month-old climbed up into her high chair, sat down, demanded to be fed, and is currently watching a movie about a cat and a magic house. She's immobilized for a few minutes.

I self-publish because I don't have the years left to do the submissions process long enough to land a traditional publisher.By the time I finish everything I've got going, I'll have been dead a while, but I have to take a break now and then or it will happen sooner rather than later. My tour of duty will end in roughly 18 years, then I can think about taking it easy.

PM an email addy to me and I'll send epub or mobi format copies, your choice.

My rudeness isn't as rude as it may seem -- I like to see people empower themselves, despite whatever challenges they have to overcome. I may tick them off in the process, but that's the side-effect of me being a pain in the tukus who's registered to teach.

Rebecca1987 wrote:

What are you doing on a forum if you're too tasked out to read it?  I told the other guy, and I've implied to further responses, that I am not demanding your attention.  I requested it. Big difference.  I have severe memory problems.  I've submitted other things before, and I went back, downloaded the old story and copied how I did it.  I did not think of that before.  

I went to your books, and they don't suck, so I don't understand why you self-publish.  There, I'll be rude to you.  

• If you want it, here it is.

Just add your author last name. Do not add spaces or change anything else at all.

Good luck.

• Thank you!  They've changed their format.  No wonder I was so confused.  I'll know for next time.  Thanks again!