Childrens book

Hi there

I'm trying to up load my story however it asks for chapters? My story is a children's book, only pages as not that long enough. How do I do this?

Comments

• Set the title of your book and the first line of your copyright notice to Heading Style 1 and you will be good to go.

• Thank you for replying, sorry only picked up your message now.

Bit confused(but doesn't take much!) I have a title and story all in a word document. I did state after each few lines what pages these should be on and a paragraph under this to say what the illustration should be but again not sure if can do illustrations in a ebook? 

All very new to this so apologies for my lack of knowledge in this type of publishing.

Also what do you mean by copyright notice? It's my story and when I wrote it I sent it to my Mum so I had evidence it was written by me.

Many thanks

Kathryn

• Are you planning on selling this book or not? If you plan to sell it you will need to have a copyright notice and an ISBN in it. The copyright notice simply states that you own the copyright for that material - you are not being asked to prove that you own the copyright; you would only have to do that if you were challenged by someone else claiming to own the copyright - and can be as simple as:

Copyright 2017 John Doe

All Rights Reserved

ISBN (enter ISBN here)

You need to go back to the Word document and highlight the name of the book - which needs to be on the very first line of you manuscript - and then click Heading 1 in the toolbar. Do the same with the line that reads Copyright 2017...There are no pages in an ebook so remove the references you made to what pages each section should be on and then submit the file for formatting.

Formatting an ebook with pictures in it is really tricky, unless you know what you are doing. It is not something that I have been able to do successfully but I don't want to have to learn how to edit an ebook's source code just at the moment, which is probably what is required.

• Okay, I think I get it.  Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if I get there or not!! 

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

The notice not only states the copyright year, it can also include whether or not derivatives are allowed and so on.

If you don't state it plainly, there are people who will take liberties with your work.

katwilliams55 wrote:

Okay, I think I get it.  Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if I get there or not!! 

• I am having this same issue with my Children's Book. Tried all the things you and others have posted about Title and headings, etc... still get unknown error. Very frustrating... waiting on a reply from support...

• I see our support team replied on Friday morning. If you don't have their email in your inbox, I would check your spam/junk folder. If you still don't see it, post a reply here and I'll have them reach out to you again.