We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Page Size

Hi,

I am new to Lulu, but it was recommended to me by a friend who said that they loved it. Basically, my friend and I both wrote a murder mystery as a gift to someone else. We wrote it in Google Docs so that we could both write at the same time and see what the other person is writing, and I put it into Word once we finished. I've completely finished formatting it now, but I've found a (possible) problem. Basically, the size of paper we want to use is 6" x 9". Since we created it in Google Docs, I just picked the closest thing for the page size (6.93" x 9.84") because it was the "B5" paper setting and I assumed that's what Lulu's size was since I hadn't looked at the page in a while. Now, I've formatted the whole book using a 6.93" x 9.84" page size, and Lulu's page size is 6" x 9". If I try to reformat it using 6" x 9", I am probably going to have to start from scratch because I tried it earlier and it ruins how all pictures and headers are lined up. I'm just wondering if giving Lulu a file with a 6.93" x 9.84" paper size instead of 6" x 9" will affect the book and have some of it chopped off of the edge. I set the margins correctly and everything, all following the video "How to Format Your File (PC)."

Basically, will 6.93" x 9.84" sized paper work for the 6" x 9" book size?

Comments

• wildwindwildwind Publisher

The short answer? No. You have already proved this to yourself.

• if you upload a file with pages sized 6.93 x 9.84, our system will "shrink" you down to 6 x 9. You can (and I suggest doing this) convert the file and review the print ready PDF to see how the resizing looks.
  • So should it be EXACTLY 6"x9"?

The reason I'm asking is MSWord has a default (A5) to 5.83X 8.27

I'm guessing the difference isn't much, but of course I can customize to 6X9.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian

Do a Custom size of 6x9 as 5.83x8.27 is not equal to 6x9.

MarcNYY618 wrote:

So should it be EXACTLY 6"x9"?

The reason I'm asking is MSWord has a default (A5) to 5.83X 8.27

I'm guessing the difference isn't much, but of course I can customize to 6X9.

• MS Word for some reason doesn't recognize US Trade 6x9 as a standard size. So you'll need to make a custom size.

Ideally, yes the page will be exactly the size of your book (or 0.25" larger if you're making a book with full bleed interior printing).