Shameless Promotion: Just sayin'

I will probably never understand how someone can possibly expect anyone to buy their books when even a one-paragraph blurb is almost illiterate.

Let's reiterate this for the ten thousandth time: The first example of your writing anyone is going to have is the blurb you write for your book or books. If that is not letter-perfect, if it is filled with bad spelling, punctuation and grammar, how in the world can you expect anyone to think that your book is written any better?

Comments

• It would appear that there are a lot of 'drive by' participants in the forum: the person who clicks Me Too for everything and the people who just post a shameless promotion and never read the forums.

This particular writer is particularly shameless because his work is incorrectly formatted; there are no paragraph breaks and the book is difficult to read. I have tried, on numerous occasions, to tell him about this.

Selling books is an overcrowded and extremely competitive business; help yourself in the race to the bottom by refusing to continue to improve.

• Skoob_ymSkoob_ym ✭✭✭

Am I mistaken, or didn't that same author publish a series of 15-page past-prticiple word-bricks under a different last name?

Maybe it helps him exorcise some internal struggle...

• Judging by the latest submission, there is at least one person who has not read this thread.

• Well, it's happened yet again. An error-ridden announcement of a book that has an error-ridden blurb. 

I won't comment on the book itself.

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Ron,

It's likely due to the get-rich-quick-some-suckers-will-buy-anything perspective.