Author bio page

So I'm about to get the last section of my book back from the editor (the longest chapter and the main content of what the book is about), but it occurs to me that I don't have much, if anything, for the author biography page at the  end of the manuscript.

Also, as I look at the preface, it looks like some of the text could possibly go into the author bio page.

I could send these two pages back up to the editor, but I thought I'd give the peanut gallery here a try first.

Otherwise, I would also appreciate being directed to a website that explains what goes best on the author page.

Comments

• NDLineGeek wrote:

So I'm about to get the last section of my book back from the editor (the longest chapter and the main content of what the book is about), but it occurs to me that I don't have much, if anything, for the author biography page at the  end of the manuscript.

Also, as I look at the preface, it looks like some of the text could possibly go into the author bio page.

I could send these two pages back up to the editor, but I thought I'd give the peanut gallery here a try first.

Otherwise, I would also appreciate being directed to a website that explains what goes best on the author page.

A preface should focus on the book: what it is about or how it came to be written.

An author's bio should be just that: a little about your background, experience and education.

• Often there's a bit called 'About the Author' and often at the back or on the inner flap of a dustcover. It's not often written by the author, but in the case of self-publishing one often has no choice. As a writer of fiction I do not bother with one because I don't see why it matters, but with non-fiction, potential readers may wish to know one's credentials. In that case it is also often on the back cover. One has to keep in mind that with Previews seen on line they rarely go as far as back pages, but they do show the back cover. (Unless it's an e-book then it may not have one!)