We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Reflections on the third edit...

Wrapping the third edit....

I'm just finishing my third edit of my latest manuscript, and I've got copies out with two beta-readers at the moment. Two other beta-readers have already returned comments, and I've made a few adjustments. One of the current beta readers made a quick passing comment; I'm hoping that both current beta-readers -- one of who will be philosophically opposed to my theme -- will be done soon, allowing me to consider their comments before I finalize the book.

With a lot of guidance from Ron and Jean-Paul, I am finally near a cover design that I can live with.

And all of this is making me think of my naive youth, when I believed that a writer did nothing but write. Ah, but writing is the easy part, isn't it?

Comments

• The easy and fun part. Editing is like pulling your own teeth by hand.  

• Skoob_Ym wrote:

Wrapping the third edit....

I'm just finishing my third edit of my latest manuscript, and I've got copies out with two beta-readers at the moment. Two other beta-readers have already returned comments, and I've made a few adjustments. One of the current beta readers made a quick passing comment; I'm hoping that both current beta-readers -- one of who will be philosophically opposed to my theme -- will be done soon, allowing me to consider their comments before I finalize the book.

With a lot of guidance from Ron and Jean-Paul, I am finally near a cover design that I can live with.

And all of this is making me think of my naive youth, when I believed that a writer did nothing but write. Ah, but writing is the easy part, isn't it?

Well, actually, writers do do nothing but write. Publishers publish. A writer who publishes has to be both.

• Point well taken.

If any large commercial publishers are interested in a well-used soul, slightly scorched around the edges, a few burn marks here and there, otherwise in good condition... Smiley Very Happy

Actually, it does give a sense of accomplishment to finish a story by hand, all the way through to the cover. I'm very proud of how the one would have turned out that I recently didn't publish; I can only hope that I'll be as proud of this one.