Book Cover

Is there a way to use a cover from one of my other books published on Lulu, change the wording and use it for a new cover?

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius Lulu Genius

It depends on how it was created.

But I have to ask why you wish to use the same cover for two books.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor Professor

You can use the same cover for all your books. Just make sure to change your text, barcode and dimensions.

A citizen of the world.

That's a bit boring Maggie and unusual practice unless it's a very very plain cover.  Smiley Surprised

But we need to know how the original was created because if it's a one piece design not made up of still existing bits and pieces it will be hard to change.

• oncewasoncewas Librarian Librarian

Some authors use the same cover for all the books in a series.

It's her business, Kevin. She just asked whether it's possible, not if we think it's a good idea.

A citizen of the world.

Some authors use the same cover for all the books in a series.

Factual books perhaps, rarely fiction. And again I have just looked.

It's her business, Kevin.

And up to her to answer is she wishes to.

She just asked whether it's possible,

Well when she tells us how the original was made we can find out if it is.

not if we think it's a good idea.

That's very pigeonholeist.  Smiley Tongue 

• oncewasoncewas Librarian Librarian

Kevin said:

Factual books perhaps, rarely fiction. And again I have just looked.

Actually, I was thinking specifically of fiction. I have seen numerous examples of this. There are many reasons why an author would want to do this, brand awareness being one of them. But really, these authors are way too silly for words; the mighty Kevin always knows best about everything.

If someone had asked my opinion. I would have told them it's lazy and cheap, and it will inspire less interest in their books. My offspring read series on a regular basis. They all have different covers.

No respectable publisher would publish many books with the same cover.

Now, I have to apologize for giving my unsolicited opinion. But it appears that the initial poster has abandoned the post and an interesting debate has ensued.

A citizen of the world.

Actually, I was thinking specifically of fiction. I have seen numerous examples of this.

Can you name numerous? I can name many famous ones that do not do it, just as examples.

There are many reasons why an author would want to do this, brand awareness being one of them.

The writer's name is the 'brand,' as is the series name, the latter which is often even a registered logo. Example >>

http://www.lspace.org/books/covers/

But really, these authors are way too silly for words;

Was it Self-Published books you meant?  Smiley Very Happy

the mighty Kevin always knows best about everything.

Possibly because I bother to look?  Smiley Happy

If someone had asked my opinion. I would have told them it's lazy and cheap, and it will inspire less interest in their books. My offspring read series on a regular basis. They all have different covers.

Indeed.

No respectable publisher would publish many books with the same cover.

The ones that do are possibly all Self-Published, and on the cheap?

Now, I have to apologize for giving my unsolicited opinion.

We are all entitled to one.

But it appears that the initial poster has abandoned the post and an interesting debate has ensued.

Does the former not always seem to be the case? Many have actually read the posts, and I often wonder what their thoughts are, also.

PS: I replied to the OP not long after it was posted. Smiley Frustrated

• Helena SchaarHelena Schaar Writer Writer
    Well, this is funny. Just to clear up this post from years ago.... I was not able to log into the forum for quite a long time, though I was able to log into Lulu and work on my projects. So I eventually gave up on the forum. The reason for the original post was that the PDF and EPUB versions of books have such plain covers, that I wanted to reuse a good cover from one of my books. Thank you for the comments and have a good day.