We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Delay to Amazon?

What's anybody's experience with the time for a book to appear on Amazon?

I published a book with Lulu in the middle of July, but it's still not appeared anywhere but here and Google books. Of course things take some time, but this does seem a bit excessive - a previous book (through a conventional academic publisher) was up within about week.

G

Comments

• Yes, that is excessive.

Look next to your project and check if there is a yellow alarm sign. If there is read the message, correct the problem and reupload. If there is not, contact Support. They will look into it.

A citizen of the world.

• Thanks Maggie - no flags visible - and it's definitely uploaded and printing okay, as I have a copy here.

I'll contact support.

Cheers,

GG

• Ah, bother, I've just got to the bottom of it.

Turns out that I *thought* as it was printing and available on Lulu, I'd fully approved the book.

Turns out that there was another stage of approval I had to go through for it to be released for global distribution.  That was rather well concealed to be honest.

However, I think that's done now, so hopefully just wait a bit longer.

Thanks for the help again.

GG

• Mine have never taken more than 2 or 3 weeks to hit Amazon. It adds it in parts such as cover, then blurb, then price etc. So over a few days. I did have one that didn't show on Barnes for over a month. But they do say six to eight weeks. But my experience 3 weeks is the norm for Amazon.

• Thanks for that - helpful.

It looks anyhow like it was my failure to confirm the last stage of book approval that I didn't know about that was the problem, so I'll keep an eye on it now.

Your description of information coming through in drabs onto Amazon over about 3 weeks is pretty much my experience for my Springer textbook, so hopefully now I've cleared the logjam, much the same will happen here.

GG