How do calendars work?

I have a project in mind which would benefit from having specific remarks and specific instructions tied to days of the year.

"It's April 3rd -- Fill out form 23x by midnight!" "Deep Cleaning Week -- dispose of outdated paints!" I thought about a Lulu Calendar for this project, but I have some questions:

1. The area above the Calendar proper (the back of the prior month): Can this be a text area, or must it be an image?

2. Can I customize information shown on specific days (i.e. change July 1 from "Canada Day" to "Eat maple syrup")?

3. In the calculator page of this website, 22 pages are shown as a standard full year calendar. I'm counting 24 plus the front and rear covers, for 26 pp. total on a standard calendar, right?

4. If I add additional pages, can these be "Insert" pp., that are in between months (maybe a quarterly check-off list?) or will these automatically become months (i.e. January of the next year)?

So I guess the summary question is... Just how custom can I get with this?

Comments

• I think what you can add to the cells is limited, but normally people get a calendar and write reminders on them  Smiley Happy

There seems to be no video tutorial for them on Lulu, just this >>>   http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Calendars-Format/tkb-p/ls_working_with_months%40tkb

• Skoob_ymSkoob_ym ✭✭✭

Yeah, I may have to make one to see how it works.

for this to be worth doing, I have to be able to insert text in the boxes.

• The cells size limits the text that can be entered; however, the examples you provide will certainly fit. This article may be helpful: Add or Remove Events and Special Occasions

There are some layout options that allow text. Another option would be to take a screenshot of your formatted text. You can then insert the text image into one of the image fields.

You can indeed insert additional pages, but those pages will be formatted as calendar pages. They will not be blank sheets.

I hope this helps.

• The cells size limits the text that can be entered; however, the examples you provide will certainly fit. This article may be helpful: Add or Remove Events and Special Occasions

There are some layout options that allow text. Another option would be to take a screenshot of your formatted text. You can then insert the text image into one of the image fields.

You can indeed insert additional pages, but those pages will be formatted as calendar pages. They will not be blank sheets.

I hope this helps.

• You can use the entire "image page" for text if you use a design that allows you to use full-bleed images (e.g. "Modern") and save your text in one of the supported image formats (jpg, gif, png). As a rule of thumb, jpg works best for large photos, gif works best for text and lines, and png works well for combinations of text with smaller images (but files tend to get big for large images). The best way to do this is to set the page format to the exact dimensions you need for the calendar (e.g. 11.25" x 8.75") and make sure the program you're using allows you to save in the supported formats. If you use full-bleed, you also want to make sure your text does not get cut off or punched through for the wire binding or hanging hole, so you want to take note where the "safe" area is and limit the text to that.

• Skoob_ymSkoob_ym ✭✭✭

AnnKat wrote:

You can use the entire "image page" for text if you use a design that allows you to use full-bleed images (e.g. "Modern") and save your text in one of the supported image formats (jpg, gif, png). As a rule of thumb, jpg works best for large photos, gif works best for text and lines, and png works well for combinations of text with smaller images (but files tend to get big for large images). The best way to do this is to set the page format to the exact dimensions you need for the calendar (e.g. 11.25" x 8.75") and make sure the program you're using allows you to save in the supported formats. If you use full-bleed, you also want to make sure your text does not get cut off or punched through for the wire binding or hanging hole, so you want to take note where the "safe" area is and limit the text to that.

thanks!

• In the beginning where you pick out the type of calendar, then you put in how many pages you want. It doesn't make sense in this program.

I went to CREATE YOUR PRINT BOOK page. Then I click on calender for 11 x 8.5, it automatically appear 22 pages for $9.99. Then I went to download the pictures, it shows 12 months plus cover on the bottom of the calendar making page. The correct number of months with images is supposed to be 12 images x 12 months = 24 plus cover page is 25 pages.

I did the project earlier then I canceled it from my website, facebook and so on after realizing it is only 22 pages in pdf file picture-ready when I made it  BUT in the spotlight (final for sale)  it said 24 pages plus cover in the preview. This is very, very, very confusing.

So, I test it, in the Create Your Print Book page, I click on calendar, I put in like 19 pages for $8.49, then when I went to download the pictures, it shows 12 months plus 12 month to download pictures, plus a cover, that's 25 pages. Then I decided to put in all images, 12 months worth plus cover. Then I went to pdf file picture-ready, it only shows 22 pages plus cover in seperate file. And it charged me $9.99 instead of $8.49. Originally, I tested it and put in 19 pages. This program needs a lot of tweaking, I mean A LOT of work. It should had a warning as to go back and put in the right number of pages or IT SHOULD SAY, "It will appear as 12 months with cover (25 pages) for 11 x 8.5 size for $9.95".

Whoever did this web program has "NO"clue what they were doing when developing this! SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICE is the key to make it work.  And PUT the chatting box back on since they don't answer the phone!!!! I am going to find some other pod company and see what they offer.