We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Chapters in ebook heading styles

I keep getting an error stating I have an issue with my chapters in my ebook I am trying to create after upload I am using MS weord 97. Any help?

Comments

• Have you applied Heading Style 1 or 2 to your chapter headings?

• time

This is from lulu's guide to formatting a Word document for conversion to an epub:

A well-formatted eBook only requires the use of the following styles, plus they are the only ones recognized by our converter:

• Heading 1 (Title, Main Sections)
    • Heading 2 (Chapters or Sections)
    • Heading 3 (Subsections)
    • Normal (Paragraph or text style)
    • Direct (Inline) Formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, and numbered lists
  • What does that mean??? im using wordpad i dont have heading style is it a certain font, pts, etc.??

I made a list of chapters at the beginning then labeled three which i dont htink i need cause it's poetry but

what...what is it im doing wrong its bold and : and stuff?

I need page breaks and ms words heading typefaces?

4th submission getting so frustrated :-(

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian

spirulinianna wrote:

What does that mean??? im using wordpad i dont have heading style is it a certain font, pts, etc.??

I made a list of chapters at the beginning then labeled three which i dont htink i need cause it's poetry but

what...what is it im doing wrong its bold and : and stuff?

I need page breaks and ms words heading typefaces?

4th submission getting so frustrated :-(

Heading styles and page breaks are part of formatting which you really can't do in Word Pad.

You can do it using Open Office Writer.

• I have applied Heading 1 to the title, preface, introduction and Heading 2 to the names of each chapter.

I still get the error message that there are no chapters.

I am using MS Word.