"inside" bleed or not??

I have a question about how to export my indesign-document (it's an A5 document, 145 pages, paperback, with bleed). In Indesign, I designed the document with facing pages / spreads.

When I export my document as pointed out in here: http://connect.lulu.com/t5/De-Opmaak-van-de-Binnenkant/Hoe-maak-ik-een-PDF-in-Indesign-met-Full-Bleed/ta-p/98899 (that is: with bleed on all 4 sides of the pages). That results in single pages with bleed on all 4 sides. 

Is that really how it should be?? When images touch the spine of the spread, they appear in the bleed of the facing page. (Or is this a change in Indesign? I use Indesign CS4 on a Mac)

I always assumed that there was no need of a bleed on the "inside"-side of the pages? In the past I had documents printed without inside-bleed, and that turned out just great.

So... my question is... should I set my export-bleed settings like this:

bleed = top 0.125 inch; bottom 0.125 inch; inside 0.125 inch; outside 0.125 inch;

or like this:

bleed = top 0.125 inch; bottom 0.125 inch; inside 0; outside 0.125 inch;

Comments

• With InDesign facing pages, No.
  • So: i have to do it like this:

bleed = top 0.125 inch; bottom 0.125 inch; inside 0; outside 0.125 inch?

• Hmm I'm also in this bleeding situation. So what did you end up doing at the end? To inside bleed or not to inside bleed? That's the question.

• I would also like to know how this turned out. The first answer "no" doesn't really answer the question. "No" what?