trying to post a message to message board or give an answer to another lulu author is impossible

Comments

• Something kaput?

I'd say it was your browser, but for fear of contradiction, I won't.

Firefox is usually better than Intranet Explorer, which is pants at times. Amazing what a crp browser IE actually is...

• It's a browser problem.

There are two alternatives - use another browser or go and edit the message with no content.

• I've had the same problem... my subject box comes through with flying colors but the message box is completely empty when posted.  

• I just switched browsers from IE to Chrome... now, it works...

• Were you using IE9?

Thanks!
    -David

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    I use a few browers with no problems, so it can't be that. I think it's a site problem. One further problem is I often get Notifications via e-mails about replies, duplicated, I have just opened 5 all the same! At times I am even Notified of my own postings!
    How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!
  • Kevin,

I use a few browsers as well, but I can't use IE9, which we know doesn't work well yet with this software. There are updates coming soon for it.

You might want to check your subscription settings: http://connect.lulu.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions%3Asubscription-options

-David

• Hi. I have a super important deadline tomorrow morning, is it possible to ship my portfolio today. Thank you very much. Order number. 10614487
  • This is a User-to-User Fourm.

If you have already placed an order it should be in the pipeline - it normally takes 2,3 or 4 days depending on the type of book. Hard covers take longer.

Well, whatever David. But how long is "soon"? There are more and more blank postings and even the e-mail notification about 'body' is empty! (And what has that got to do with browser type?) Can Lulu not send out e-mail Newsletters like they used to do, with things in such as what browser will work?! Plus what other changes are going on?The only official Lulu mailings I get now are just trying to sell me stuff! Via discounts usually.
  • Can someone PLEASE give me directions to a message board, ANY message board, just a message board so I can post a question, get the answer, and order another proof copy of my magnum opus (I think that's the cliche LOL)
  • Click on the Forums tab.

Click on the Discuss icon.

A list of message boards will be displayed.

Click on the name of any board and you will see a New Message button.

And there you have it!

Strange, because she has been doing just that fer ages.

• This is the MOST UNfriendly website I have ever seen!

I want to post a question.  Their instructions are to go to the board I ant to post to and select NEW MESSAGE.  I have found NO PLACE on any BOARD that has the option NEW MESSAGE.

This is beyond ridiculous.  Is lulu.com just some computer Geek working out of his bedroom ?????

Well you managed to find this old hidden in the depths thread at random.

Look here >>   http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Lulu-Connect-Self-publishing-and/ct-p/en_US  look at the sections new posts are in. Click the section title, General for example.  You will see a blue New Message button.

You would have seen it if you has left this thread rather than posting in it.  Smiley Happy