How do I fit 2:3 aspect ratio into 4:3

Hello

All of my photos are taken with a 35mm digital camera. The images that come out have a 3:2 aspect ratio. Unfortunately, I am trying to make a photo book with LULU Studio and the spaces provided for the images have a 4:3 aspect ratio.

No matter what I try, my images are cropped in some form or another. 

I cannot even use the "magnification" slider to shrink my images, because the "magnification" slider is always set to the left-side, at the lowest magnification.

I really need some help here. I can;t believe there is no way to fit my images in LULU studio without cropping. I would like to use either the "modern" or "blank" theme.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Publisher

You can warp the images slight.y—like, resize in Photoshop without constraints. Send me one if you like and give me the exact dimensions you want. No ratios.

A citizen of the world.

• what is your email address?

• Maggie

Thanks for offering to help.

Let's say I have an image that is 2500x1667 pixels and the space in the LULU layout is 2500x1800 pixels.

What exact actions do I take in PS5 to make it fit in the 4:3 aspect ratio space?

Thanks

• Em_PressEm_Press Publisher

I sent you a PM with my email if you are still stuck.

Image, image size, unclick Constrain Proportions. And fill in the exact size you want image to be.

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    When I first came to Lulu it wasa mainly because they would print art, but I found that they did not use standard sized paper. I overcame this by adding borders to my art that then made the images the right size for lulu's paper. This also works when you wish to fit images in to Lulu's existing frames with out distorting the shape of the image. BTW, I also use PS5. Still good aint it? :-)
    How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!
  • Neurotekken,
    You may find this tutorial helpful,

• Thanks for helping Ken and Maggie! You guys are awesome!
  • I've tried resizing it in photoshop but when I try to put it into the LULU frame it looks exacty the same.  

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

This thread is 4 years old. But what Lulu frame?

How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!