Front Cover Dimentions

Hi There

I'm using Adobe Illustrator to design the 6x9 us trade size book cover for a friend. I've downloaded the template and when I checked the actual dimentions of the template it's coming in at 97.5cmx65cm.

Does anyone know if this is correct or should I go with the dimentions listed on the document? 15.56cmx23.5.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Kitty

Comments

• If you going to design a cover then rather hust the fornt cover I suggest that you a complete "one piece cover" as it will produce a far more professional result.
    The exact dimensions will be given at the cover stage of the publishing wizard.

• Hi Ken

Thanks for your reply, I'll give it a whirl

Kitty

• hi. I am wondering if the cover dimensions sometimes get chopped smaller than the requested size of the image.  Is that what the green lines aroud the edgees indicate when it shows how my cover will look?  Thanks in advance for getting back to me.

• hi. I am wondering if the cover dimensions sometimes get chopped smaller than the requested size of the image.  Is that what the green lines aroud the edgees indicate when it shows how my cover will look?  Thanks in advance for getting back to me.

• You do know this thread is 4 years old?   Smiley Surprised

It is best to keep anything important within those trim/fold lines. If you are using the Advanced One-Piece Cover wizard they also mark the front, spine and back.

• I'm wondering the same thing. Does the green box mean that is what the print area includes. It's quite a big area.