shipping to the Philippines

potetjppotetjp Professor
edited September 3 in General Discussions
It used to take a month for a Lulu parcel to reach a customer in the Philippines. This service has improved a lot. On August 24, 2019, a Ph.D. student in Cotabato, Mindanao (Southern Philippines), ordered my Arabic and Persian Loanwords in Tagalog, that she badly needed for her dissertation. For shipping, she opted for the least expensive option. She received the parcel today, September 3, thus eleven days after she placed her order. The book was sent from Melbourne, Australia. Bravo Lulu.

Comments

• Well-done.

When I traveled to the Phillipines, I typically received postal mail about 1 month behind (We all made sure we were at least one month ahead on all bills before leaving California). That mail came through government channels, which had both positive and negative effects on timing.

Australia to Mindanao is relatively short distance-wise, but I suppose that the key question would be how much postal commerce there might be between those points.
  • potetjppotetjp Professor
    Skoob_ym said:
    Australia to Mindanao is relatively short distance-wise, but I suppose that the key question would be how much postal commerce there might be between those points.
    I suppose the parcel was air-borne from Melbourne to Manila, then from Manila to Cotabato. I don't think there is any direct postal service from Melbourne to Cotabato.