Branding Nemo

Hi!
I need some advice from the community.

Has anyone heard of/dealt with Branding Nemo?

Twice in as many weeks, I have received voicemails from them.

The first caller left no name or company name and said I want to talk about your book.

The second caller a week later from the same number as the first, gave a name and company name (Branding Nemo) and said I want to set you up with radio interviews.

I have not returned any calls. In a google search, they have a website and look reputable, but when I ask google if they a legitimate  I see nothing to contradict them.
Advice appreciated
 Thank you
Lori
Tagged:

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Frankly, I would class it as spam.
  • MaggieMaggie Creator
    If they're hunting you down, something's wrong.

• Skoob_ymSkoob_ym Teacher
    "

branding nemo is an innovative online branding studio, relentlessly focused on the consumer experience - the ways brands engage, communicate and transact with their consumers.

We represent experience and creativity both in design and marketing, with a continual drive for success.

With a combined 20 years’ experience, we are a team headed by designers, marketing creatives and PR consultants, with backgrounds in graphic design, film and photography, sales, publishing, copy-writing and social media, who fully understand that creative and unique avenues apply to your epic brand. 

"

The website raises more questions
    Innovative? And yet ripping off a Disney title?
    Combined twenty years experience? So 2 x 10, then? Two people with a few years in a SEO sweatshop going on their own?
    Or 10 x 2? A bunch of novices laid off and trying to get back at their bosses? How hard can it be? they ask themselves...

This smells fishy, and that's not just because of Nemo.

As Maggie said, when a marketing firm chases you, that's a bad sign. It means that their money is very likely to come from... you. Never respond to any firm if they ask for money up front. Not that this one has yet, but wait for it.

On the list of projects there is a logo for a Kevin O'Donnell, author. On Google, I find a Kevin O'Donnell Jr., who appears to have last published in 1990 -- more than 20 years ago. I also found a book called "Fado' " published by a Kevin O'Donnell in 2007, but no reference to the author's bio.

So if they're claiming to have worked with the Kevin O'Donnell who died in 2012, it seems unlikely, and if they're working with an unrelated Kevin O'Donnell, then they don't seem to be doing much to distinguish his name from the SF writer. So... not sure what they're trying to show by using this for a reference...

In short, I'd steer clear, myself. But actual mileage may vary, and some people find this sort of thing useful, so who am I to stop progress?
  • LoriLori Writer
    edited August 19
    THANK YOU ALL! YOUR ADVICE IS WELL TAKEN. I HAD PLANNED TO STEER CLEAR AND NOW I HAVE REASON TOO. I WILL CONTINUE TO PROMOTE MY WORK INDEPENDENTLY www.meaningfulmemorymaker.com
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    BTW. The word Nemo existed before Disney did. It's Latin for 'nobody,' apparently.
  • Ron MillerRon Miller Professor
    It's Latin for "nobody" definitely...which is why Prince Dakkar of Bundelkhand chose it for his alias.