Questions from a newbie!

Hey guys! I'm brand new and I have a couple of questions to those with the wisdom to know the answers, please!

Firstly, is it possible to sell your book from your own website? I'm planning on selling my book through a funnel, meaning I'd likely have to process the orders on Lulu.com myself. Looks like there's no Zapier integrations yet or other kinds of integrations with third party software, so I might have trouble with having my website tell Lulu there's been an order. 

Secondly, is it possible to publish through Lulu's publishing service at the same time as being on KDP? (I'm pretty sure that KDP enforces that you publish with nobody else during the promotional period, so if that's correct then my follow up question is: Can Lulu publish a book that's previously been on Kindle Direct Publishing?)

If anyone knows the answers to these questions, I'd love to hear from ya!

Cheers!

Best Answer

Answers

• Maggie said:
    Yes, you can sell directly from your website by providing a Direct Access checkout widget or link. You can also use the Shopify integrated Lulu app. They are working on others as well.
    Or, you can use Lulu as a drop shipper. When someone orders the book, send them one via Lulu by entering their shipping address.

You can use both Lulu and KDP for the ebook, just uncheck the Kindle option. Regarding the print version, publish a new size and binding at Lulu. Example 5.5x8.5 at KDP, 6x9 perfect bound or hardcover at Lulu.

Amazing answers, thanks mate! 

So just to clarify - if I process the order away from Lulu (say, my own website), I can just log into my Lulu account and dropship the order myself? 
  • MaggieMaggie Creator
    Yes, of course. Works perfectly. Click on Change under shipping address. And, it stores all the places you've shipped to.

• Maggie said:
    Yes, of course. Works perfectly. Click on Change under shipping address. And, it stores all the places you've shipped to.
    That's great! And this can be done on a per-client basis?
  • Hi rockstar86,

Yep, it can be done on a per client basis.
  • Hi rockstar86,

Yep, it can be done on a per client basis.
    Maggie said:
    You guys are awesome. Thanks for the help! 

Also, about the bar codes.. if we publish through Lulu.com, does Lulu put those on, or do we? And if it's us, how do go about doing this? 

Thanks!
  • MaggieMaggie Creator
    Lulu will put it on if you use the old cover designer or the cover wizard. If you upload a one-piece JPEG or PDF then you have to add it. You can find an ISBN generator online or just download the barcode Lulu gives you and add it to your cover using software like GIMP or Photoshop.